New Flash Software Updates for the Eggtimer and Eggtimer TRS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We have posted new flash software updates for both the "classic" Eggtimer and the Eggtimer TRS on our web site, www.EggtimerRocketry.com

Eggtimer Version 1.52

- Fixed a bug in the servo logic that kept it from producing full travel for some servos.

Eggtimer TRS Version 1.04N

- Added a low-voltage self-test check, it will hard-fail if the battery voltage is less than 6.6V.
- Self-test fails now display on the LCD receiver and beep it to let you know that it failed.
- An "I'm Alive" beep is now sent to the LCD receiver every 15 seconds if the TRS is waiting for button press, to let you know that it's still paired.
- The second-order velocity figure has been removed from the download to accommodate the "I'm Alive" beep. It wasn't used during flight computations, and it just confused people anyway.
- Added the DEL key (0x7F) as an additional backspace key when editing the Device Name, since some terminal programs don't render the Backspace key as an ASCII BS (0x08) character.
- Fixed a few bugs in the Master Reset routine.
- The User's Guide has been cleaned up in a few places, notably it now shows what the in-flight LCD display should look like.

Please download (and read!) the Release Notes in conjunction with downloading the software, we also recommend that you download the latest User's Guide as well. Thank you for your continued support!

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Dang it Cris,:shock:

Will you please change the cable connections in the documentation so's I don't gets me's and others screwed up.
With the TRS on the cable it's BLACK to gnd, GREEN to tx and WHITE to rx. Opposite on the EggTimer board.

So, if one attempts the flash and just gets a beep, beep, beep with the attempt, check the connections. Will likely have to
switch the green and the white wires. Done now and it looks like it took. Kurt :grin:

Actually, I did, as soon as I found the error last November. From Page 22 of the User's Guide:

To get to the Eggtimer TRS terminal menu screen, be sure that the power on the Eggtimer TRS
is OFF. Connect the headers of the USB-serial cable to your Eggtimer TRS as follows:

Cable..................TRS
Black (Ground )........GND
White (TX).............RX
Green (RX).............TX

Yes, it IS backwards from the Eggtimer. This was a mistake in labeling the board, the funny thing is that it's technically "correct"... TX goes to RX and RX goes to TX. When I redid the last run of board, I agonized whether to "fix" it or leave it alone, as documented. I chose the latter, because it would REALLY drive you crazy if you had two boards with different pinouts...

Last edited:
But the instructions on the TRS flashing instructions are still "backwards" :https://www.eggtimerrocketry.com/attachments/File/Eggtimer_TRS_Flash_Update_Instructions.pdf

8) Connect your Serial Cable to your Eggtimer TRS’
serial header as follows (the colors are for the Prolific cable that we sell, if you have another cable make sure you match up the PIN functions, NOT the colors)

GND on Cable (BLACK) -- GND pin on 3-pin header
TX on Cable (WHITE) -- TX pin on 3-pin header
RX on Cable (GREEN) – RX pin on 3-pin header

Stupid head:facepalm: here just connected up and of course forgot the old "new" instructions and followed the above twice. Remembered the quirk and got it working right.
If someone new simply reads the flashing instructions and doesn't recognize the cable labeling might give them a hiccup. Kurt

Last edited:
If you are running Win 7:

Download the files a place them into the "C" drive folder.
All you have to do is double click the bat file.
Win will ask if you want to run it, click "RUN"
The bat file will do it's thing without the need of of using CMD command prompt.

JD

Back