Gorilla / AMW Fore closure question.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Simple.

I have a Gorilla 75/6000 case (green), with Gorilla nozzle. I also have a puck style 75mm AMW (blue) forward closure.

Can I use the AMW closure and run standard 75/6000 Gorilla loads? Or do I have to get a specific Gorilla fore closure?

Thanks

S1

S1,

The only difference between my forward closure and AMWs forward closure is that mine has a shoulder on it that fits into the liner and not just sits on top of the liner.

Since everything in stock is 20% off a 75/6000 forward closure is only $40

Last edited:
Thanks for the speedy reply.

So... I could trim the 'excess' liner off, and use the AMW puck, and then fly research, or and, buy a Gorilla puck if I want to fly certified. Is this correct?

No. Don't cut off the liner just pour some epoxy on top of the smoke grain to fill up the gap.

No. Don't cut off the liner just pour some epoxy on top of the smoke grain to fill up the gap.

Straight from the manufacturer, thanks Jim. Now I DARE anyone to say you can't do this because it becomes a "modified motor". But I KNOW some will!!

Straight from the manufacturer, thanks Jim. Now I DARE anyone to say you can't do this because it becomes a "modified motor". But I KNOW some will!!
I don't see a problem with doing the way I described above (people are going to do what they want to do anyway) but it VOIDS ANY WARRANTY. It is just as easy to buy one of my forward closures and be legal.

Simple.

I have a Gorilla 75/6000 case (green), with Gorilla nozzle. I also have a puck style 75mm AMW (blue) forward closure.

Can I use the AMW closure and run standard 75/6000 Gorilla loads? Or do I have to get a specific Gorilla fore closure?

Thanks

S1
I'm wondering what you've got planned for that hardware set... ;)
Seriously though, this is all good info. I need a 75/7600 hardware set/nozzle and am currently debating AMW vs. Gorilla vs. custom, etc.

Back