Hump Day Happy Hour Sale start now !! 3/11/15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketrywarehouse

Reaction score
Tonight's deal is a new kit called the Rogue 4

It is a 4 Inch kit.
It will be offered in Fluorescent Orange and Blue and also natural for those that prefer that.
This is a 4 Fin rocket capable of anything from an I to an L
This kit also includes a filament wound nosecone with a metal tip.
And as always we include vinyl decals.

Offered tonight at the low price of $139.99, not bad for an 4 Inch all fiberglass kit that is over 4 feet tall that retails for $179.99.
https://rocketrywarehouse.com/product_info.php?products_id=1208
Please come check out the great deal and check out some of our other new products, lots more to be added in coming days.
www.rocketrywarehouse.com

Remember the sale starts at 7 PM EST and runs until inventory is gone or Midnight (whichever comes first)

Thank You
Sales Dept

rogue-md.jpg
orange-tube-md.jpg

I love these Proline kits for many reasons, but especially since I don't have to paint them. However, I hate the Denver Broncos (blue/orange). Wish it came in other colors, lol.

I love these Proline kits for many reasons, but especially since I don't have to paint them. However, I hate the Denver Broncos (blue/orange). Wish it came in other colors, lol.
Think of it as Blue Meany colors from the Beatles' "Yellow Submarine".

You could always add a piece of airframe and another coupler to get traditional dual deploy, if that is what you are after.
We always suggest if you want to do that it is better to add the airframe to the order to insure best match as it will be cut from the same batch.

Thank You
Sales Dept

Yeah I had to get one, the new florescent orange tube was like equivalent to me being a moth unable to avoid going into the florescent orange flame. What is going on over at RW, you guys are rocking it. Have you been snowed in all winter with nothing to do except to design and make cool rocket kits? If they would have also had a 75mm motor option...Hmm I think I may covert mine for this.

Not a big fan of the head end deployment though, unfortunately seems like all the rage this year that manufacturers are offering, I hope RW doesn't get very lured into this approach for future rocket kit offerings, I know it must seem attractive (and cost reduction) to not have to provide an extra air frame section for traditional dual deploy kits but I don't think this outweighs making a safe, reliable, rocket kit. My experiences from trying both traditional and head end deployment is that traditional dual deployment is the way to go. Some of the reasons I don’t like head end deploy is stuffing parachute and 15 foot shock cord into the nose cone as gets to tightly spaced and more likely to tangle and not deploy as good, don’t like putting ejection charges right up on the nose cone end , don't like having my altimeter vent holes so close to the turbulent air flow off the nose cone, and don’t like the way you have to set up the head end deploy hardware to do this. And with head end deploy where do you locate your tracker (I like protecting my $$$ Garmin Astro securely in the nose cone behind a removable bulk plate with only the antenna poking out through a hole) not dangling preciously from a shock cord and well protected from ejection blasts. And without a GPS tracker – no way I would even try to launch- the last 4” fiberglass rocket I flew (Madcow striker I made into a traditional dual deploy) on a 75mm 4 grain went close to 20,000 feet and landed over 5 miles way, was able to drive right up to it with my Garmin GPS Astro tracker, without a secure tracker protected in place I would have never found this and been a very expensive one time flight.

Although good to know an extra air frame section can be purchased for making into a traditional dual deploy is available from RW, would have been nice if it was in the hump day sale kit, yeah I know how much can I expect for $139, this really is a great price for what you get especially with the FW wound nosecone.

Last edited:
Yeah I had to get one, the new florescent orange tube was like equivalent to me being a moth unable to avoid going into the florescent orange flame. What is going on over at RW, you guys are rocking it. Have you been snowed in all winter with nothing to do except to design and make cool rocket kits? If they would have also had a 75mm motor option...I think I may covert mine for this.

Not a big fan of the head end deployment though, unfortunately seems like all the rage this year that manufacturers are offering. I don’t like stuffing parachute and 15 foot shock cord into the nose cone, don’t like putting ejection charges toward the nose cone end and don’t like the way you have to set up the hardware to do this. And with head end deploy where do you locate your tracker (I like protecting my $$$ Garmin Astro securely in the nose cone behind a removable bulk plate) not dangling preciously from a shock cord and well protected from ejection blasts. And without a GPS tracker – no way- the last 4” fiberglass rocket I flew (Madcow striker I made into a traditional dual deploy) on a 75mm 4 grain went close to 20,000 feet and landed over 5 miles way, was able to drive right up to it with my Garmin GPS Astro tracker, without a secure tracker in place would have never found this and been a very expensive one time flight.

I total agree with your comments. I too need a home for my Garmins. Saying that I order one of these, and recently complete my Wildman Punisher and waiting for the nosecone on my SAAB-98.

Hi David, I also got a SAAB-98 WM rocket kit, still scratching my head on that one. Let's see a very small length 4 " rocket made for up to a 4 grain 75mm motor ( which could send this thing 20K+ feet and land some 3 to 5 miles away), with no provisions to secure a tracker other then dangling one off the shock cord unprotected from ejection blasts. Also seems like would need to eat up some of the nosecone volume with ballast weight to make stable for a 75mm motor and still stuff shock cord and chute into the nose cone, Hmmmm I am seriously considering just converting mine into a 54mm motor single deploy and using the nose cone to securely house my tracker.

what do I have to do to get back on the mailing list for hump day happy hour? I have tried logging in and signing up on the website but I still don't get the emails.

Nothing, sorry there was a problem with our server and we have got them to finally fix it, so fro now on everyone should get the emails.

Thank You
Sales Dept

I total agree with your comments. I too need a home for my Garmins. Saying that I order one of these, and recently complete my Wildman Punisher and waiting for the nosecone on my SAAB-98.

I too got a 4 inch Saab, and with the 75mm and Head End Deployment, the issue you will have is the limited space in the nose cone and adding any weight to get it stable, thus reducing the area inside the nose cone for shock cord and chute. I agree with John's comments and think that a 54mm option would be better suited for this. As far as nose cones, the RW thin wall 4 inch filament wound nose cone fits the Saab like a glove, I had one and for kicks put it in the 4 inch Saab tube and it fits.

Hi David, I also got a SAAB-98 WM rocket kit, still scratching my head on that one. Let's see a very small length 4 " rocket made for up to a 4 grain 75mm motor ( which could send this thing 20K+ feet and land some 3 to 5 miles away), with no provisions to secure a tracker other then dangling one off the shock cord unprotected from ejection blasts. Also seems like would need to eat up some of the nosecone volume with ballast weight to make stable for a 75mm motor and still stuff shock cord and chute into the nose cone, Hmmmm I am seriously considering just converting mine into a 54mm motor single deploy and using the nose cone to securely house my tracker.

I was always planning putting in my 75/54 mm adapter and flying with 54 mm motors, so for me I didn't worry about how tail heavy it would be with a 75 reload. Still small light rocket will fly high.

As I look at it on the shop floor... keep think it would a great top for a two stage.

Anyone do a Rocksim?

Flown today at MDRA ELS 200, on a CTI J340...Loaded weight, 9.6lb...Great boost and recovery...Altitude attained 3159 feet...Great flight--earned it's, soon to follow, clear cote and decal...Video to follow on MDRA Face Book page in a few days...:w:

Rouge1.jpgRouge2.jpg

Last edited:
Fred
How much weight did you need to add?

I did not add any nose weight... Although I did not check the CP and balance, the design of the rocket indicated to me that with the payload bay and nosecone being located right forward of the main body tube along with the chute being located in the nose cone, no balance weight would be needed... I could be all wrong, but the proof is in the flight characteristics, which was a launch straight as straight could be... I usually don't bother with CP and balance with a kit, unless I modify the design... I am a firm believer; " kit manufactures do there homework before offering kits for sale"... However, in this case I may plug the data into Roc-Sim and create a design file... Although I bet if you contact Rocketry Warehouse, they may have a Roc-Sim file...:grin: BTW, the motor used was a two grain 54mm, CTI J-340 white load. So, if a longer motor s used, the CP/CG ratio should improve even more in that the additional length should be forward of the design CP. In any case the flight was extremely stable and the rocket has earned it's liquid floor polish finish and decal...:lol:

One more thing: I intend to recommend RH offer, is a 60" by 6" body tube version, with a 75mm or 98mm motor mount. Although, going to a 98mm motor mount might require some nose weight to balance.

Last edited:
Fred,

What size parachute did you use? How much powder did you use for your charges?

I used a 24" PML for the drogue and an older Rocketman 6' for the main... Sorry, forgot to answer the piro charge question: I used one gram in both apogee and main deployment charges--more than enough... I'll probably reduce the nose cone/main recovery charge to .5 gram after I run the numbers... I also used three 2/56 nylon screws for shear pins on the payload bay to nose cone and masking tape friction fit on the body tube to payload bay.

Last edited:
Just got notification that mine has shipped... delivery on April 1st. :eyepop:

Not sure what to expect :p

Flown today at MDRA ELS 200, on a CTI J340...Loaded weight, 9.6lb...Great boost and recovery...Altitude attained 3159 feet...Great flight--earned it's, soon to follow, clear cote and decal...Video to follow on MDRA Face Book page in a few days...:w:

View attachment 259535View attachment 259536

YouTube video... [video=youtube;rVvxTs3rfrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVvxTs3rfrA&index=3&list=PL2LMq2TTPTZojYmXJbL2j-LhVSU63vMcO[/video]

Last edited:

View attachment 259535View attachment 259536

cool fred

i was there!

gloria talked me into taking the last kit she had

i look forward to the build

needed something small and simple for the sod farm launches, and this should do it

she said we should drag race

i was going to use a marsa54 unit that has been sitting in a plastic bag for about two years - hope it is still good!

otto

Back