I saw this stupid video on America's funniest home video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taiwanluthiers

Reaction score
[video=youtube;GsrOuNGjHNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsrOuNGjHNo[/video]

Some guy had the bright idea of sticking rocket motors on a skate... no idea what motor it is, it looks like a Estes 29mm E or F motor...

Normally, I don't like it when you see people doing stupid and dangerous stuff with rocketry, but this show is so filled with stupid people doing stupid stuff it doesn't matter. The list of stuff that people would want banned based on this show is so long I don't worry about rocketry.

Naaa, dude with the I think it was 8 G80's on a longboard takes the cake....I looked at the youtube vids and he's not among them. It was in an old High Power Rocketry magazine article.

Geeez that is stupid.

I'm with Matt on this one- Darwin award right there.

Nate

I think Johny Knoxville did rocket skates better in Jackass. His had whistles and exploded in the end.

I'm glad the guy don't do it with a HPR motor... that would send him cartwheeling through the sky

I hate to say it... when I first saw this video... I started running calculations in my head as to what motors would be necessary to propel him down the street... :p

Those E9 motors would barely put out a pound of thrust, so at best it will just scare him a little bit. A G80 on the other hand could manage about 30lbs of thrust, so if he were on a skate or something it might move him a little... A J350 puts out over 100 lbs and will most likely knock him on his butt and probably burn the heck out of him.

Back