Good beginner's glider rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA

Reaction score
I was planning to use the Edmond's CiCi for a class, but have discovered that they have been discontinued. Any suggestions on an alternate that would be suitable for a beginner's class and along the same design as the CiCi?

Thanks for your time!

Steve

Thank you gentleman. Placed an order with Balsa Machining for 11.

Many thanks
Steve

Have you spoke with Edmond's? Their direct website indicates they are available for sale.

https://edmondsaerospace.com/Students.html

Great first time gliders!

Jerome :)

I LOVE my little CiCi. I bought three different models of rocket assisted gliders and of the three, the Cici has been the one that seems most durable, flies the highest, and as a result, has the longest glide time. I am entirely pleased with it, and can't imagine why they would discontinue it.

I've built and launched my CiCi this weekend with rather poor results. My glider has very little glide to it. It appears to mostly just fall down once the motor ejects.

Did I build it badly? Too much glue as I did add filets to joints like I normally do with rocket fins. Is there anything I can do to salvage this glider? Try a different model?

Did you hand launch it to test its flight pattern before flight? if not you should have.
If you did, does it circle, or simply go forward nose down?
if nose down try a little weight in the tail end.
if it noses up and stalls, try the reverse.
If it circles in a tight spiral, try a little weight on the outside wing.
Even if it is a little heavier due to fillets etc it should have some glide potential if properly balanced.

Last edited:
Back