trying a new (to me) vendor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
decided to try ordering some tissue paper from 'Easy Built Models' https://www.easybuiltmodels.com/ebl.htm this is a case where the shipping runs higher than the product, the paper runs $0.70 per sheet (non-metallic). guess I will find out in about a week how speedy they are. they do list a fair amount of stuff that may be useful to rocketeers. comments?
Rex

Some cool stuff there. If I had the time, I'd love to see if the JX-06 Sea Vixen could be converted to rocket power. There are some cool little hinges that might work well for boost gliders. And I'm sure some of us could find a use for the "31 foot long telescoping pole!"

-- Roger

... There are some cool little hinges that might work well for boost gliders. And I'm sure some of us could find a use for the "31 foot long telescoping pole!"

-- Roger

Maybe that's for attempted rescues from "rocket eating trees"???!!

I didn't realize Easy Built was even still around. Classic stick and tissue airplanes for a very long time.... though I thought they used to be in Canada.

Interesting.....

Easy Built has a lot of the classic Stick and Tissue airplanes and parts for them. I understand that they have had several owners in their history, and have had several addresses as well. I have ordered from them before and they were prompt, and not excessively long, although nothing like the warp speed delivery from Semroc, I don't think anyone could beat them.

ordered went in on the 9th (at 21:00), just got word (03:50) that a label had been made, considering the mail service that should get the package to me by Monday, that isn't to shabby. may have to order a kit... side note, off and on for the past 30 years I've been trying to get tissue to stay stuck on balsa frames using 'dope'. no joy. read a tip on their website about using a glue stick. it works, why couldn't I have found this out 30 years ago! would have saved me countless tooth gnashings.
Rex

Maybe that's for attempted rescues from "rocket eating trees"???!!

My experience is that trees are omnivorous and are equally happy eating model aircraft and model rockets....;)

Thus, the long pole for sale on the mostly free flight model aircraft site...:)

to date I have ordered from them twice, on a Tuesday eve and a Monday afternoon, both times my order arrived by the end of the week(Sat & Friday) with contents in good shape. I will note that shipping day appears to be Wednesday. other item of note, their canopy glue is 'sobo premium craft and fabric glue'(going to try it on a clear payload tube)...Joann fabrics website says they carry it. will report back on how well it works for rocketry applications. I was mildly amused when, checking my airplane kit(w/ laser cut parts), to find that one of the balsa sheets had a square of blue tape holding a rib in place.
Rex

I think it's only about 20', but I got a rocket retrieving pole from Home Depot a while back. They claim it's for painting, but we know better. For the most part, it has functioned like carrying an umbrella (keeps the rain away!), but once it did substantially shorten a trip through blackberry bushes.

Back