MDRA ESL 201 is anyone going?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to go but it's all up to mother nature....

Teddy

Just received the email from Neil, and if you look at the weather we've had and the forecast for this week/weekend, it doesnt look very promising. Sunday looks better but with higher winds. Better bring a life vest and some paddles! Might make the trek to do some motor shopping at AMW.

Saturday has 100% chance of rain. I was going to go to the Eagle Fest in Cambridge anyway, and see some birds that fly without motors. In any case, I won't be there. Looking forward to Red Glare in a month.

That's great....
Better then dealing with an all day rain.....

Thank you very much Bob,, Neil,, and everyone else
who put in the effort to make a launch happen..........

Teddy

I hope to get one of my projects finished by then and get it in the air, I added an full av-bay to a 2.6" NCR Archer to make it dual deploy, just needs finishing, paint and decals. I'll also have the Upscale Archer on hand with a K820 Blue Streak ready

Hoping to debut my Sky Burner on Mar. 28, provided I can finish my ground testing this Saturday.

Hoping for some good weather next weekend, this season at Higgs farm has been disappointing. Rain Wind and Snow. I've got multiple flights still waiting to be flown.

See you at the field!

I will be attempting my NAR level 2 certification flying this 7 foot scratch built rocket on a 6G J381 sparky. This will be my first dual deploy flight.

b2d.jpg

I'm using a Madcow ebay with a Raven 3 altimeter

avbay4.jpg

Nathan, if you need a level two sponsor on Saturday, look for me. We've met before, I think. I have a blue Toyota Yaris, and I'll probably have my blue canopy with white poles standing up. If you haven't yet, e-mail Bob and make sure he brings the test and paperwork with him.

Saturday looks to be high wind, but not terrible. Sunday looks great, but I won't be there.

Thanks John. Dave Greger, Bill Cook, and Glenn are also all planning on coming this weekend and are all NAR level 2 so hopefully I should be able to find two sponsors. I'll be there both days and I'll fly on Saturday if it's not too windy. Robert from AMW is going to administer the written exam. I have all 97 exam questions memorized so I'm ready!

the RatDog contingent will be there both days. Looking forward to your flight Nathan.
Dont let us down....

Well, I showed up at 8:45. No one was there but AMW. Soon Bob and Kathy pulled in, followed by Scott, Peter, and a few others.

It was snowing pretty much like a blizzard. While standing around, I got pretty wet and cold. Bob said we'd be lucky to get a 5000' waiver. So I gave in and went home.

I hope someone got to launch. If so, please give a report. Did Nathan get to go for his L2?

Yeah it was freezing, snowing, and windy today. I took the level 2 written exam today and will do my cert flight tomorrow. Weather should be better but really cold in the morning

We had 2 flights, Tom C flew an M motor in a 125 lb rocket off the away cell and Michael R tried to fly a stealth that didn't quite make it off the rod!

Hopefully the winds will subside and the sun comes out tomorrow

See you at the field!

Weather yesterday was a lot better than Saturday. Lots of flights. Tom flew another 100+lb rocket on an M, I was able to put my Archer up on a K820 Blue Streak, estimated 4500ft. Actual altitude from the RRC3 - 4507ft. Also put my Marvin Magg up on an I180 Skidmark to 1471ft.

Big Congrats to Nathan on his Successful Level 2 flight on a J381 Skidmark!

Never a good sign when you see this when headed to a launch!
This was on the Bay Bridge on Saturday morning!
IMG_1392[1].jpg

Last edited:
Hey,,
That's great guy's,,
I'm glad the weather was nice for you..
It sure has been a long "No fly for the weather",,
but I think it's over now..
This is sure going to be a glorious year flying...
I really wanted to make Higgs last weekend but wound up with a truck full of PA equipment for the Radical Rocketeers...
It was lent to them by METRA and I was at their field in Pine Island helping with the equipment maintenance day...
We sure got a lot done,, everything is ready for the flying season....
I thought it was super nice of Metra to lend the Rad Rocks the PA system...
It's a better system then Rad Rocks was even looking to buy...
The timing just couldn't have been better if it was planned out....lol...
A great thanks to Metra,,,
I'm sorry I couldn't make the launch,, you guy's sound like you had a great time,, but I'll sure see ya at Higgs in 2 weeks.....
I can't wait.....

Teddy

Back