What does everyone drive?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daily Driver: 2013 Chrysler Town and Country
Wife's DD: 2010 Dodge Caravan

Don't currently have a weekend driver, but have built several Camaros for street and strip, from near stock 94 Z28 to Twin-turbo 572CI 2000 Camaro SS making 2500HP.

Here's my new toy, traded in my 2005 Nissan Altima in November for this :

10655158_10203745767698836_6584743859673419888_o.jpg

2014 Infiniti Q50 Prem AWD. 3.7 liter V6, 328 HP, 0 - 60 in 5.6 seconds.

Daily driver and to launches 1991 Ford Ranger, 4cyl, 5 Speed. 200,000 plus miles. It will need some repairs this spring. Our other car is a 2015 Impala it replaced our 2003 Malibu with 245,000 miles after I found something in the oil filter.:shock:
We tend to keep our vehicles for awhile.:lol:

2014 Honda accord sport.. I was going to get a truck or wagon as a second car until I priced the insurance. Apparently you have to carry the same limits on liability for your 1000 pos rocket beater as your new car... I passed

Everyday: 2012 Toyota Camry (which replaced a 2001 Honda Accord, and hauls my stuff to launches).
Fun: 2003 Porsche Boxster (owned since 2010)
More Fun: 2012 Trek 520 (now taken two trips across Iowa on RAGBRAI [https://www.ragbrai.com])

2010 Hyundai Elantra with 118K on the odometer. Kinda dull, but I get 35mpg on long trips and can fit a weeks worth of NARAM rockets into it, along with the requisite clothes, table, chair and cooler. Not much more, though. We've been busy putting kids through college, so the next new car goes to my wife to replace her 2008 Toyota Yaris. We also have a 1997 VW Cabrio, but that's at the age that it's only good for short trips. It's fun, but not the biggest inside. I've still used it on occasion to go to a launch. You'd best keep all of the rockets tied down if the top is down, and what good is a convertible if the top is up?

'03 Toyota Sienna is all I have.
Great for rockets, and when I drive to projects, fold the rear seats down, slip in a sheet of plywood w/ a foam mat, it becomes an RV of sorts.

It is starting to show its age @ 160,000 miles. Need to get the CV axles changed (bought them, just not installed yet), passenger window gets stuck in the down position if it's hot out. Thanks to the last 2 winter storms, I also have to replace the outside drivers door handle and the back hatch linkage (plastic parts break when the doors are froze shut & one tries to open 'em....)

2013 Nissan Murano. Just bought it used on Saturday, I don't even have it yet. Daily driver, Launch hauler, night on the town, crosscountry - everything vehicle.

2013_nissan_murano.jpg

2013 Nissan Murano. Just bought it used on Saturday, I don't even have it yet. Daily driver, Launch hauler, night on the town, crosscountry - everything vehicle.

View attachment 257253
^ Hey sniffles! Really bored huh?
Me: Mobile Hangar Unit No, 3 is a 07 Ford Freestar. Third seat folded down and middle seat removed makes a comfy dry lake motel. I can be completely self contained (yeah-even a porta-pottie!) with enough supplies, rockets and motors to last a week.

Purchased the day after Christmas (2014); a 2001 Monet Carlo SS with 21,800 mi on her... Love this car!

IMG_8280_zpsf2643630.jpg

My DD: 08 Toyota Yaris
Wife's DD: 15 Ford Escape

Tow Vehicle/Rocket Hauler: 97 Suburban

I drive everybody around me nuts, and I drive myself to distraction.

1999 Pontiac Grand Am
2009 Chevy Impala

My wife liked mine so much I gave it to her and got another one...:) And yes, a bright red challenger is what is at the end of a rainbow:)

WP_20140612_069.jpg

WP_20150104_002.jpg

Good luck with the Cops, I have a bright red car once, Mitsubishi Mirage, got pulled over all the time.

Got a Grey Sports car, drive like an idiot, never get pulled over....blends in too well.

Last edited:
It's been four years only one ticket, I don't speed, just got caught once in a 45 going down to a 30 speed trap.....I just accellerate hard at every light:)

Good lcuk with the Cops, I have a bright red car once, Mitsubishi Mirage, got pulled over all the time.

Got a Grey Sports car, drive like an idiot, never get pulled over....blends in too well.

Haha, True Story here...

Was driving through Arizona to Vegas at like 3 in the morning, Straight flat road, nobody else out...floored it got to 120 in my old Mirage. Yes that beat u old thing will go that fast...with a few mods...bigger motor.

Well got up to speed went over a hill and low and behold 3 cops sitting there talking away. Well I didn't even try and go any further, just pulled over and waited till they came up on me. Put my License and crap on the roof and waited.

All 3 come up and ask me to get out of the car, ask me what the %&#$ I was thinking and sit me on my hood. I'm S#$*ing bricks now...and then they all start laughing and hand my stuff back and let me off with a warning. I was like WTF?!?!? They said if they had to chase me I would have gone to jail, but since I pulled over without them even having to flip on their lights they were feeling nice, plus it was like 50 miles to the station and they didn't want to take me all they way back. I wasn't endangering anyone but myself since there was no one else on the road for miles.

Yeah I figured I was going to jail, gonna lose my license, pay some ridiculous fine, lose the car and have to figure a way to get home to Colorado afterwards. I have always respected the cops and this here made me love them that much more.

I still speed, but whenever I see a hill coming up I dump my speed quickly, and then accelerate like a bat out of hell once I see its clear.

2000 Town & country Van with this from a 315 lb Fat Boy upscale van hole1.jpg she's been repaired since

2003 Toyota Echo (187,000 miles) 2005 Toyota Matrix (160,000 miles) Just getting broken in...

I would think the flyers TRA or NAR insurance would cover it, and I'm sure they have heard it before.

Good luck with the Cops, I have a bright red car once, Mitsubishi Mirage, got pulled over all the time.

I had a red 94 Z28 with 396 stroked LT-1 motor with a single 4" exhaust pipe to keep it looking mild. Previous owner was a Detroit cop that was also a street racer. The car ran 11.5-11.9 in the 1/4 mile on motor and 10.9 with a small shot of nitrous. Never got stopped in five years of having it. I did pull up next to cops and have them compliment the sound of its exhaust. It was a little loud with a nice throaty radical idle. But, I do live around the Motor City.

[video=youtube_share;efvCDZcW97c]https://youtu.be/efvCDZcW97c[/video]

1st gen. RAV4. Best car I've ever owned. Daily driver and daily rocket carrier (as if I could afford a second car).
RAV4.jpg

IMG_1321.JPGIMG_1320.JPGIMG_1319.JPG

Daily Driver and Rocket Hauler although I'm going to buy a trailer as the rockets are getting to numerous and too big too keep hauling them in this, not to mention its getting pretty beat up inside from it.

2007 Trailblazer SS AWD, 364ci, LS2 based all aluminum block and heads
From the factory: 395 bhp, 400 lb-ft
Mods: Cold Air Intake, K&N Filter, Borla dual exhaust, LS1 E-Fans, HP tuned

Last edited:
2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500 (anyone who flies a BFR at URRG knows this vehicle)
2014 Vette

20140922_094434.jpg

Attachments

• 20140922_094434.jpg
    20140922_094434.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 62
Daily ride: 2014 HD Road King...biker 7 days a week
Fun: 1978 Datsun 280Z...GuyNoir will remember this car from midwest contests of long ago - I still drive it!!
Rocket events: My wife's RX350.

About 225 yards. :D

Just kidding, I choose rocketry over golf because it's less humiliating.

Just bought a used car for the summer, when I'm not riding my bike.
1.jpg
2009 HD Sportster Iron.jpg
Mike

Last edited:
Back