Open Rocket altitude sim question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off there seem to be 2 G75J's in the OR database - one with 146 Total Impulse and one with 161. That second number looks suspect since 161 total impulse would make it an H. The H165 has 161 total impulse.

Assuming you have the non suspect G75 selected there's only about 10% difference in total impulse and the velocity is lower on the G so less drag which looks like it allows it to go almost as high.

I plugged them into my Mega Der Red Max in OR and they were within 50ft of each other on a total altitude of ~1500 feet.

The G75 is a full g borderline h. Those numbers look about right to me. Maybe a little optimistic on the g, but not by much.

Nate

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't thought about total impulse. And as for two F75, one is a single use Metalstorm, the other is an RMS Blackjack. I'll be using both tomorrow. I checked Thrustcurve, and the H165R and G75J were within 100ft of each other.

Back