New BT-60 Nosecone Assortment from Estes... PNC-60RL, Pt #072665, Pt #072825

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Visited my LHS tonight, and the cashier handed me a set of nosecones she thought I'd be interested in (she was right). Turns out, Estes released a new set of nosecones for the BT-60 rockets.

The PNC-60RL/Pt #072305 (Sentinel, Magnum, STM-012, Hi-Flier XL), the Pt #072665 (QCC Explorer, Conquest, Solar Warrior (3225)), and the Pt # 072825 (Astron Sprint XL).

Now if we could pick up the PNC-60AH, the cloning possibilities would be limitless.

The Sprint XL cone is one I'm after. I was going to buy another kit just for that. Nice to know that I can get it in an assortment.

Now you can have that extra STM-012 Cone you so covet.

Yeah... You've got your PNC-55X/PNC-55BB, and been able to get them for some time... Me I kept having to buy kits to get my part. Now what to do with that SprintXL nosecone...

@ EXPjawa... Wanna buy it off of me (I already bought a 2nd kit... last week), or better still... trade me a PNC-60RL for it?

Where can you get these? I don't see them on the Estes website.

That part number comes up on their website as the older BT60 cone 4-pack, with 2 Bertha cones and 2 short ogive cones. It must be that they've simply updated the content, or maybe it changes on the fly. Either way, it doesn't appear that there's a way to guarantee what you're getting by ordering that PN...

That part number comes up on their website as the older BT60 cone 4-pack, with 2 Bertha cones and 2 short ogive cones. It must be that they've simply updated the content, or maybe it changes on the fly. Either way, it doesn't appear that there's a way to guarantee what you're getting by ordering that PN...

I dunno what Estes is doing with the part number... But the photo on the facecard shows the PNC-60RL, the 072665, and the 072825 instead of the PNC-60L (Bertha), and PNC-60NA (short ogive).

Back