K'Tesh's OpenRocket Files...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now onto one of my newest (old) kits... The Estes Sizzler. Now this isn't the 1906, it's the 2127 (Rear Ejection) version. I understand that it was also briefly called the Talon, but I've never seen any official source that shows what how the Talon would have appeared.

BTW: The only portion of the image (above) that was seriously modified with MS Paint was the removal of the CG/CP dots, other than that, it's WYSIWYG. Deleting the PBT for the engine hook resulted in a gain of 8' in altitude. So, I'd say this sim should be good for flight calculations.

I might just build it stock, but I'm already planning on a 3FNC version with a 24mm x 95mm (E powered) rocket that will maintain the illusion of the rear ejection by making the engine mount look stock (save for the difference in diameter of the actual motor tube), perhaps with 1/8" thick fins instead of the stock 3/32" ones.

The previous version of the file was downloaded 126 times.

Attachments

• Estes Sizzler (2127)(Rear Ejection).ork
    111.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Here's another design from the 90's... Estes' Yellow Jacket (2008). I've built it stock, and cloned it, as well as a BT-60 upscale, and as a 2" ProSeries II upscale.

[EDIT] I've updated the files for the stock version, and the PSII based upscale to include decals and simplify the file (less weird segments)

Previous version of the PSII 2 inch upscale was downloaded 125 times.

Attachments

• Estes Yellow Jacket #2008 Pro Series II 2 inch Upscale (Decaled).ork
    6.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Estes Yellow Jacket #2008 (Stock, Decaled).ork
    6 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
One of my favorites that I didn't get to make back in my first round of model rocketry was the Estes Maxi Icarus (1331). I've never built it... (I built a two stage E/D powered clone instead).

This version does have a PBT for the engine hook. The previous version had another to allow for the simulation of the Estes logo, but thanks to OR 22.02, I've been able to delete that one, and made the payload section transparent. The changes have improved the sim's accuracy in flight performance without modification. As so far as the decals go, the source of the decal's scan lacked ay dimensions. Take it or leave it, I think it's pretty darn close in my opinion...

Like the stock version, this uses a PBT to simulate the engine hook. While superficially, the sustainer looks just like the original the fins are TTW, and the engine mount was modified (it uses a cropped BT-52AG body tube for the engine hook retention, and the centering rings were adjusted to accommodate the booster's tube coupler.

And here's the Estes Icarus (1277)...

I originally held off submitting this one due to hopes that an updated version of OR would drop. Well, we now have OR 22.02, and I can now do a clear payload section. So, I've updated it to that standard. It still has the PBT for the engine hook, but no other hidden tricks.

If you downloaded any of the previous versions of the Maxi Icarus, or the Icarus .ork files, you should delete them and download the latest version.

If you find any errors, or have feedback, please use my new feedback thread. Please follow the link to and direct your questions, or comments to it or send me a PM. However, please feel free to add Likes to these posts if you want. They are appreciated and give me an idea of what people like. Thanks!

The previous version of the two stage mod's .ork was downloaded 122 times. The later version was downloaded 152 times. The previous version of the stock Maxi Icarus was downloaded 184 times. The previous version of the Icarus was downloaded 143 times. The previous version of the clear payload Icarus was downloaded 146 times.

Attachments

• Estes Maxi Icarus (1331)(Clear Payload Tube).ork
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Estes Icarus (1277).ork
    6.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Estes Maxi Icarus II (1331)(Two Stage Mod).ork
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I hope everyone knows, I'm not completely stuck in the 70s, 80s, or 90s... I do make newer kits too... Here's the Estes Vagabond (3217) in Near Stock condition.

I moved the launch lugs forward slightly, the forward LL to clear the decal, the aft LL for aesthetic reasons (I like to hide them between the fins). Other than that, it's stock.

I've attempted to show how the fins look assembled (as one piece), as well as disassembled (as three pieces). There was a slight discrepancy in the different measurements. However, I'm talking about thousandths of an inch, so they would be nearly indistinguishable if built with either fin shape.

BTW: I'd add a baffle to act as a shelf for the laundry (not seen in the .ork file).

[EDIT] I updated the .ork file to have change the method of doing the black bands... Again. They were originally small sections of body tube, then they were modified "Inner tubes". Now they really are done in the way OR handles "decals".

Other than the Phantom Body Tube for the engine hook, the design should be fine for giving good results on the flight performance. [/EDIT]

Now here's another kit that I think belongs here... The Estes Vagabond (1423)

This Vagabond is part of a starter set which you can still find from time to time on ebay. Thanks to ZoomieG, I've learned that it was in production from 1989 to 1990 based on the catalogs for those years. Instructions for this can be found on both JimZ's site and Plans.Rocketshoppe. JimZ's site decals were used for this sim as it had a scale indicated. Part numbers are based on

As there are no decals on the fins, this has no special tricks, and the sim should be fine to use for flight data, as is.

Original file was downloaded 89 times
The UPDATED file was downloaded 135 times

Attachments

• Estes Vagabond (3217)(Near Stock, Decaled).ork
    12.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Estes Vagabond (1423).ork
    76.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Ok, I've ran into some problems with the Citation Patriot. I printed the fin templates, and found that my measurements were off. I have no idea how it happened, but I've been working on it for some time now. I've fixed them, and the .ork files associated with them, so if you've already downloaded them, I'd recommend that you delete them, and download a fresh copy. I've also put in the bands of color to simulate the decals on all versions, which includes the fin "decals". I've posted the .pdf files for them, as you have to delete the decals (and the engine hooks (which were simulated with fins)) in order to save paper.

I've also noticed a discrepancy with the Magnum Payloader. I suspect that it's my modified version (the one that fills the gap) that is wrong (the booster fins should be the same from one version to another, but aren't). What sucks for me, is that I've cut some fins for both versions. :facepalm: The good news though is that the modified version's fins do appear to match up with each other, just not between different versions.

[EDIT] All .ork files have been updated to correct the problem with the Magnum Payloader's booster's fins. [/EDIT]

Hope this hasn't messed anyone's build of these kits.

Last edited:
Ok, after much work... I've created .ork files for the Estes Aerospace Club EAC Viper (0820) kit. This kit was a promotional gift to members of the club.

[EDIT] The original .ork (which was for the PNC-50Y version) was updated to include decals, and eliminate the "Inner tubes", and fins used to create the color bands on the rocket. Since then, I've refined my methods, and made some new discoveries with this kits variants.[/EDIT]

The fins in this sim are accurate to the shape provided by the instructions for the PNC-50Y version. Click to download the Estes Aerospace Club EAC Viper (0820) PNC-50Y Version Fin Templates. To determine scale, I used a known value (the circumference of the body tube) to scale the fin alignment guide, and thus the instructions (with the fin template). I did have to add "Air Fins" for the decals, but they can be easily deleted to get a more accurate flight simulation.

I've moved the forward LL back some to clear the band of purple paint. I should mention, I matched the "purple" bands to the "purple" of the EAC logo. IMHO it's actually more of a shade of fuschia, but I've since seen other scans that might be a darker purple than what I've simmed here...

BTW... WYSIWYG (except that I edited out the CP and CG markings as well as the error messages generated by the engine hook.

Finally finished the BNC-50Y version of this kit.

I didn't know that the fins were different from the PNC-50Y version, until I was working on this sim. Click here for the Estes Aerospace Club EAC Viper (0820) BNC-50Y Variant Fin Templates. All measurements were taken from a sealed bag version that I won on ebay. Regrettably, mine was missing the LL, and the decals. In doing further research on the kit, I learned that the decals (for both) were not waterslide like I had presumed, but stickers.

In creating this sim, I determined that I should update the .ork file for the other version to make things clearer. Thus, I've deleted the old version of the sim, and uploaded a new one for both. Like the previous versions of the .ork file, I've moved the forward LL between the forward fins to ease masking and painting of a real kit. Also, the images in the instructions appear to have the LLs cut to 1/4" long, but the wording in them says to cut the LL in half. Half of the supplied (according to the instructions) LL would be 5/8" long (I went with that figure).

As the decals on the fins are not symmetrical from one side to another on the same fin, I had to create "Air fins" to get the markings right. I've simplified the deleting of them by placing the air fins on a PBT instead of on the actual body tube. For flight characteristics, simply delete that PBT, and you're good.

I've also uploaded .pdf files of the fin templates for both the PNC-50Y version, and the BNC-50Y version. With it, you can get templates for all 8 fins on a single page.
Hope you like them.

Instructions:
PNC-50Y version
BNC-50Y Version Pg. 1 & Pg. 2

Original version of the .ork (PNC-50Y version) was downloaded 89 times, its updated form was downloaded 132 times.

Attachments

• Estes Aerospace Club EAC Viper(0820)(PNC-50Y Version Fin Templates).pdf
    1.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Estes Aerospace Club EAC Viper (0820)(PNC-50Y Version)(Near Stock).ork
    17.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Estes Aerospace Club EAC Viper (0820)(BNC-50Y Version) Fin Templates.pdf
    1.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Estes Aerospace Club EAC Viper (0820)(BNC-50Y Version)(Near Stock).ork
    17.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Estes Aerospace Club EAC Viper (0820)(Decals with hand drawn scale).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Thanks for the Eggspress K'Tesh!!!:)
Gonna' go mess around with it in OR now!

Interesting stuff. It flies lower without the Egg.
I suppose the inertia of the Egg really helps it gain altitude since otherwise it is such a draggy design with its bulbous nose cone.
I did ofcourse switch it to 24mm which is how I'm building mine.
Even an F32-6 only gets it to 980ft.
E20 and F44 get it to the same altitude within 20 feet. somewhere around 600ft.
I think I may have found a good candidate for the Estes E9 Motors.

Last edited:
K'Tesh,

These are simply gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Kevin

Thanks! I thought you'd like it.

K'Tesh,

These are simply gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Kevin

Thanks! I'm always please to hear someone likes my work. BTW... Your work makes mine possible! Thanks!!!

BTW I've now discovered a new way to do "decals" when it comes to bands of color around the body tube that I like better than my old method.

The old way was to "chop" the body tube up into individual bands of color, but sometimes this led to the occasional rounding error (not a problem when looking at lengths while in 64/in option, but in the decimal representation it could be a problem). After attempting to build the EAC Viper, I took my measurement of the long body tube, but forgot about the 1/8" at the back end. So, I've got a body tube that is cut short. :facepalm:

The new method is to use the Inner tube to create the band of color. I keep the body tube the correct length, and then use the Inner tubes to create the bands by making them .002" thicker than the body tube. Thus a BT-60 at 1.637" OD would get an Inner tube that is 1.639" OD. I make the inner diameter of the Inner tube the same as the OD. For some reason this doesn't seem to affect the overall diameter of the rocket (which is fine by me). This actually may be *more* accurate than the other method when someone is using vinyl decals.

I've gone ahead and retrofitted the Citation Patriot versions with this new method, and plan on making the same changes to the other rockets that I've posted. I think the new ones will be labeled with "updated" when I get them done (Thus the Velociraptor would be changed from "Binder Design Velociraptor (BT-60 Downscale)(2 Stage).ork" to "Binder Design Velociraptor (BT-60 Downscale)(2 Stage) UPDATED.ork" when completed. Again, this is only for the rockets that will have bands of color around the body tube.

Tonight I managed to adapt my Estes Pro Series II Leviathan (9700) to my new standard and make it ready to share...

WYSIWYG. I only used Paint to remove the CG and CP markings. Everything else is exactly as you'd see it if you were to download these files.

I also built a stretched Leviathan as an advertisement for the Portland, Oregon Rocket Fizz location, and scored several others for myself. I extended them both by adding an extra body tube and a stuffer tube to prevent problems caused by the increased volume.

However, the .ork file is of the more generic paint job.

[EDIT] Both sims have been updated with decals that eliminate the need for the "air fins" and "decal" bands. The results are for the stock Leviathan an increase in projected altitude of -250' and the Stretched version of nearly +650'.

The fins are based on actual scans of the Leviathan fin. I've also included my simulations of the Estes 29mm Motor Retainer Set.

Previous version of the Stock Leviathan viewed 108 times, Stretched Leviathan 91 views.

Estes Leviathan Fins.jpg

Attachments

• Estes Pro Series II Leviathan (9700)(stock, decaled).ork
    47.1 KB · Views: 304
  • Estes Leviathan (9700) Stretched (with Rail Buttons).ork
    47.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Ok, now for another of the Pro Series II kits... The Ventris (9701)

Fins are again based on an actual scan of the real parts , and I've used my new method to make the rear of the rocket red (using an inner tube).

[EDIT] The Ventris has undergone my decal application, and using my new methods of relocating launch lugs (by using the "Radial Position" tab in OR), I was able to remove the phantom body tube. The results are that the rocket looks like it should with a stock paint scheme, and has gained EXACTLY 1000' in projected altitude over it's previous sim.

Previous version was viewed 99 times

View attachment Estes Pro Series II Ventris Fin Template.pdf

Attachments

• Estes Pro Series II Ventris (9701)(stock, decaled).ork
    4.7 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Thanks so much for these! I have been working on my own stretched leviathan for my L1, and will be comparing mine to yours this weekend!

Those models look gorgeous. Would you care listing the tricks you use the most to make them look so good?

For example, why are you using a short nosecone followed by a transition? To avoid the sharp nosecone end?

I also look at the .ork files to learn from your craft :)

Last edited:
Those models look gorgeous. Would you care listing the tricks you use the most to make them look so good?

For example, why are you using a short nosecone followed by a transition? To avoid the sharp nosecone end?

I try to tell people what tricks I've learned by listing some of them in the descriptions, but I'm thinking that I may need to do another tutorial.

Yes, I use the short nosecone and a transition to represent the actual shapes (or as best as I can represent them). For example, here's the Open Rocket default PNC-60AH nosecone (Der Red Max, Maxi Icarus, Mean Machine, and countless others)...

Compare that to my representation...

Note the lengths, CP/CG locations, and the weight (mind you, I don't have a scale).

I just ran a simulation on one of my designs, and my version was 2 feet lower than the default. Not a big difference, but if you're on a TARC team, it could be all the difference needed to win or lose. Besides, those classic designs wouldn't look nearly as good with that pointy nosecone.

BTW... If you are one of the two people who downloaded the Ventris simulation, please toss it and download it again... It has 4 fins (not 3). I shouldn't do OR when I'm tired.

Last edited:
Ok, continuing with the Estes Pro Series II line, I've now got the Argent (09703):

The only change I did to this (besides simulating the decals and paint) was to move the forward LL slightly up to clear the decals and paint. I edited out the CG and CP markings, and filled a few odd pixel errors in MS Paint, other than that the image is WYSIWYG

[EDIT] I've redone the .ork file to eliminate the bodytubes and additional fins that were used to simulate the fins... The rocket now sims almost 185 additional feet.

The fin templates were taken from DavieRockets's photo (rotated CCW 0.5 degrees).

Original version downloaded 94 time

Attachments

• Estes Pro Series II Argent (09703)(stock,decaled).ork
    47.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Finishing up the original four Pro Series II rockets is the Estes Pro Series II Partizon:

I shifted the forward LL up closer to the CG, as I would fear that being as far behind it as it was, would only encourage binding on the launch rod/rail in windy situations. Other than that, the design is stock, and after editing out the CG/CP markings, this is a WYSIWYG file.

[EDIT] Redid the paint and decals... no more air fins, no more internal tubes for decals. I did keep the nonstandard LL location.

Here's the image that I used for the fins...

Partizon Fin Template:

Image credit goes to BEC

The previous version was downloaded 110 times

Attachments

• Estes Pro Series II Partizon (9702)(Stock,Decaled).ork
    46.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Here's a pair of rockets... The Estes Warp II

In the older .ork file (Stock, Decaled), I had deleted the "Phantom Body Tube" for the launch lug placement (I'm now using externalized "Internal Body Tubes" for the LL's), and added "air fins" to accommodate the asymmetrical decal arrangement on the fins. I've now updated this to OR 22.02, which eliminates the need for "air fins". As such the sim should be able to provide reasonably accurate flight data. I've also made the clear plastic payload section transparent. As such, the older sim should be deleted and the new one downloaded.

And the Estes Loadstar II

[EDIT] The Loadstar II has no phantom body tubes, nor air fins (for decals). So I'd trust this one for accuracy without modification. The only real tricks done were the launch lugs are created by externalized "Internal body tubes", and the black bands on the payload section are also "Internal body tubes" that have been made larger than the payload section. However, "Internal body tubes" are not factored into altitude calculations.

If they look a lot alike, don't be surprised, they're the same rocket (except for the decals).

Scans of the Loadstar II's fins, instructions, and decals can be found here.

Original Version of the Warp II was downloaded 179 times, the "Stock, Decaled" version 195 times. The original Version of the Loadstar II was downloaded 249 times, and the "Stock, Decaled" version 277 times.

Attachments

• Estes Warp II (2022).ork
    31.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Estes Loadstar II (3227).ork
    102.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
After much searching, I've finally found what I feel is the answer to one of the most frustrating .ork files I've ever worked. The Estes Marauder (1922). Turns out that the fins are the same as the Estes Cyclone (1907). With that little bit of info (Thanks to CPMcGraw) I was able to examine an image of the Cyclone's fins (still in the balsa stock) and get measurements for them.

This is the most accurate .ork of the Marauder I've created. If you've got any of the older versions, the fins will be wrong (close, but still wrong).

[EDIT] In this new version, I've eliminated the Phantom Body Tube for the Launch Lugs (I used my radial positioning trick instead). I've also added the decals. Overall sim performance has improved. The rocket has increased from a simmed altitude of 484' to 788'. That better than 300'! Outside of the Phantom Body Tube for the engine hook, and the use of Internal tubes for the launch lugs (which aren't factored into aerodynamic calculations), this should be fairly accurate for flight simulations.

The kit's silver decals are simmed with grey. The decals on the transition are the best I can figure. That conic section is a kinda tough to figure how to attach a decal to and make it look right.[/EDIT]

Previously version downloaded 73 times

Attachments

• Estes Marauder (1922)(Stock, Decaled).ork
    7.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Manufactured in the USA, and sold at Toys "R" Us, the Fantazia Crayon Bank is pretty popular. Well, I picked one up today. This isn't a rocket, it's just the shell, but it'll help you on your way to making your own crayon.

Attachments

• Fantazia Crayon Bank Rocket 3.9(ish) inch (shell).ork
    1.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I like purple one!

I agree. In that shade, the Partizon looks pretty good. However, the paint that you see in the Estes photos and packaging is too dark for my tastes.

I was originally going to paint mine green, but after creating that sim, a metallic purple with silver flake seems like it might be a good match.

Last edited:
Here's the Estes Maverick (1904)

Estes Maverick (1904) Stock UPDATED

Pretty much WYSIWYG, except for the black bars on the nosecone (I used MS Paint to edit the green between them). Fins are based on an unmeasured scan of the fins from the oldrocketplans.com site. They don't agree with the measurements from Flyfalcons (mine are 1/32" wider at the root), but his rocket was built when he was 10, and sanding the fins may have removed 1/64" per side (besides, it's a lot easier to remove 1/32" from a cut part than to add it back on).

[EDIT] Added decals to the file, so no more of the "decal" fins, and the "internal tubes" that were used to create the color bands are gone too. (look for the (Stock, Decaled) file.

I've got a BT-60 version of this in the works, and now am thinking that a clone (I don't have one) would be a good idea too.

[EDIT] I've created a .ork file for a BT-55 based Maverick (using the Estes PNC-55BB), and my BT-60 version (using the Semroc BNC-60BB).

Attachments

• Estes Maverick (1904) Stock UPDATED.ork
    3.2 KB · Views: 307
  • Estes Maverick (1904) BT-55 Upscale.ork
    3.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Estes Maverick (1904) BT-60 Upscale.ork
    3.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Estes Maverick (1904)(Stock, Decaled).ork
    6.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Interesting stuff. It flies lower without the Egg.
I suppose the inertia of the Egg really helps it gain altitude since otherwise it is such a draggy design with its bulbous nose cone.
I did ofcourse switch it to 24mm which is how I'm building mine.
Even an F32-6 only gets it to 980ft.
E20 and F44 get it to the same altitude within 20 feet. somewhere around 600ft.
I think I may have found a good candidate for the Estes E9 Motors.

These weird figures in the Sim turned out to be due to the "Phantom Body Tubes" in your file K'Tesh.
I deleted the phantoms and it goes plenty high now.

View attachment Estes Eggspress (1996)(Stock).ork

But you left off the launch lugs. Those induce drag, and will bring your numbers back down again

Not by a 1100 feet.
The Sim stats were clearly unrealistic earlier. 900ft. on an F32??? Without lugs like 2000 ft.

I do all that I can to get all the parts in all the right places, as well as to be accurate to the design (especially the body tube lengths and fin dimensions). I don't try to alter OR's flight characteristics, as I have no control over that.

YMMV

I do all that I can to get all the parts in all the right places, as well as to be accurate to the design (especially the body tube lengths and fin dimensions). I don't try to alter OR's flight characteristics, as I have no control over that.

YMMV

I certainly was not complaining!
I'm thankful for all the work you do to design all these things.
I know you don't have the time to run all the sims.
I was just pointing out my observations on this particular model and what I have found to be the case with it as used for my purposes.

Ok... Back to work on this again. I'm certain that TopRamen will approve of this (yes, it has your favorite nosecone). :wink: It's the Estes Stiletto (1323):

Other than the removal of the CG/CP markings, this is a WYSIWYG kind of file. And it does have a phantom body tube/engine hook, so it's flight performance that way is suspect. However, there are no air fins that might affect the sim. There are externalized "Inner tubes" to simulate the cardstock wraps ("painted" a very light grey for visibility in the sim), but OR doesn't recognize those as a source of drag.

I've added the updated .ork file now that I'm 100% on the fins (mine were too degraded to trust). However, the previous versions of the sim are obsolete, and should be tossed. They were, in part, based on my original Stiletto build (my 2nd rocket). This sim is based solely on the instructions, and I've found that I had placed the launch lug in the wrong position (which explains why my decals didn't match up). The current sim has the launch lug in the correct place.

I'm also adding the Estes Shark (1111) ColdPower Convertible rocket:

I don't have any dimensional information on the ColdPower motors that Estes produced. As such, this sim has been designed with the Polaris (1324)'s motor mount in mind.

This rocket may seem like a match to the Stiletto, but they are two different rockets when examined up close. Besides the ColdPower/black powder propellent differences, the Shark has 13 fins in total, while the Stiletto has 10. The Stiletto is also longer, using less body tubes/parts, and then there's the differences in the nosecones and the decals.

The Shark's decals are self adhesive decals, and as such would sit a little proud of the body tube. I didn't simulate that for them, other than the three (grey) wraps. The grey was to make these visible in the sim, the actual decals would have been white. Of course, since there's writing on the fin decals, I had to add an "Air Fin" to properly reflect the "USAF" on both sides. Deleting the PBT it is attached to will give a more accurate flight profile.

The Shark also uses the BNC-50AR nosecone, and I didn't have one to base mine on. So, I'm going with a combination of the profile of the Semroc BNC-50AR, and the figures given in the 1974 Estes Custom Parts Catalog.

The Shark's instructions, decals, and fin templates were found on plans.rocketshoppe's site. I didn't find a set of instructions for the older "K" kit number (KL-6).
https://plans.rocketshoppe.com/estes/est1111/est1111.pdf

The Stiletto's instructions, decals, and fins were found on JimZ's site:
https://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/est1323.htm

Previous version of the Stiletto (the "Stock UPDATED.ork) was downloaded 92 times.

Attachments

• Estes Shark (1111)(ColdPower Convertible).ork
    101.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Estes Stiletto (1323) Decaled.ork
    10 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Here's another one that I've been working on (again). There's a very good chance that the 4th rocket I ever built was the Estes Sizzler (1906). Mine had the blowmolded nosecone, rather than the later injection molded nosecone. (it also came with a Big Foot Launch Pad, but don't expect me to sim that in OR).

Estes Sizzler (1906) Stock (Blowmolded Nosecone)

Estes Sizzler (1906) Stock (Injection Molded Nosecone)

I've added the updated .ork files after I double-checked the fin dimensions.

[EDIT] Due to an error with the PNC-50YR version, its sim was updated to eliminate an extra shoulder from the nosecone, and add the Nosecone Insert. Took the opportunity to update the blow molded nosecone's sim with a clearer name. Neither update will likely affect the flight characteristics much. Thanks to ZoomieG for catching the error with the Injection Molded version.

The first version of the blow molded nosecone version was viewed 101 times, the second version ("Stock (Blowmolded Nosecone) Decaled") was downloaded 178 imes) . The first version of the injection molded nosecone was viewed 98 times, the 2nd version ("Stock (Injection Molded Nosecone)"), was downloaded 188 times.

Attachments

• Estes Sizzler (1906)(With PNC-50YR (Injection Molded) Nosecone Version).ork
    13.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Estes Sizzler (1906)(With PNC-50Y (Blow Molded) Nosecone Version).ork
    8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
When Estes discontinued the Cherokee D, it needed another D powered rocket to take its place. To fill the gap, they released another BT-55 based rocket that used the PNC-55AC, and the fins from their new Sizzler (1906). You and I know it as the Estes Defender (1924).

[EDIT] Updated the file to include decals, and get rid of the Internal Body Tubes used for "paint" (I've also darkened the blue "paint" to reflect the face card better). I omitted the "Reaction Control Thruster" decals, as the face card didn't demonstrate where they were supposed to be located, nor did the instructions mention them at all. This file doesn't have any "Air Fins" so it should be pretty accurate for flight simulations. However, I kept the PBT for the Engine Hook. So, that accounts for the "Discontinuity" and "Jagged fins" warnings.

Previous version of the .ork file viewed 61 times.

Attachments

• Estes Defender (1924)(Stock, Decaled).ork
    8.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Back