RockSim 7.0.3 Database Errors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
I just installed RockSim 7.0.3 on my computer. A club member gave me his old version because he has RockSim 9 now. Every time I try to update a part in the database, it gives me this error:

RockSim Error.jpg

I've checked the files for read only. I've made backups. I've checked the file locations. Anyone familiar with this issue? If so, how do I fix it?

are you perchance using windows 7? if so you might have to save the backup file to your user folder.
Rex

I'm having the same issue on 7, vista, and xp. Where exactly should I save them, and how do I get rocksim to look there?

Try making a folder on the desktop and copying the file structure there. It seems run much better when it not located in C:\

are you perchance using windows 7? if so you might have to save the backup file to your user folder.
Rex

I found the problem late last night. I had to alter the permissions for the folder. Once I did, it started working properly. Thanks for the input. It got me to thinking. Why would moving it to my folder change anything? The permissions on my folder. So a quick change to those and viola.

Folder permissions can be set a variety of ways. First, are you running as a local administrator or not? Remember that RS 7.x predates Windows 7 and likely Vista. These operating systems sometimes need to be tweeted to make older software work right. You might need to run it as an administrator.

And then there is the little issue of legal license transfer...or the fact 7.03 is the version found on the torrent sites as cracked warez.

Just my 2c.

Last edited:
Well he did buy a license. And it is installed on only one computer with his approval. I doubt that's a serious legal issue. Plus I've seen his RockSim 9. I'll definitely be getting a newer version as soon as I can. It's mostly about exploring the differences between OpenRocket and RockSim. I noticed that the same rocket sims out differently on the same motor. Also, OpenRocket will not calculate TTW or surface fins in use with a tailcone. Definitely an issue considering one design I'm looking at building out.

Back