Some new drawings of French Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterAlway

Reaction score
Here's another little teaser showing some rockets I've drawn up in the past few weeks. First is the Bellier, yet another upper atmoshpheric research rocket. Second is the Bereneice, a mulstistage rocket used to test missile RV models at high speeds. Notice that the first stage has four strap-on boosters that swiveled for control, rather than fins. Finally is the Rubis, a rocket used to test the upper stages of the Diamant, France's first satellite booster.
New French Rockets.jpg

Yes, these are wee little teaser images The full dimensioned drawings should be available in a couple of years, unless Sport Rocketry runs an article sooner.

Here's another little teaser showing some rockets I've drawn up in the past few weeks. First is the Bellier, yet another upper atmoshpheric research rocket. Second is the Bereneice, a mulstistage rocket used to test missile RV models at high speeds. Notice that the first stage has four strap-on boosters that swiveled for control, rather than fins. Finally is the Rubis, a rocket used to test the upper stages of the Diamant, France's first satellite booster.
View attachment 256390 Quote.

Very nice drawings Peter!
Are these going to be in an Updated Rockets of the World or in another Annex? Sure hope at some point you do another edition of ROTW.
Yes, these are wee little teaser images The full dimensioned drawings should be available in a couple of years, unless Sport Rocketry runs an article sooner.

I'm hoping they can go into a new, extra-thick edition of Rockets of the World.

Hope you like this one too: SE 4300, the first French SAM...obviously the only 2 remaining survivors are both the second stage of this spectacular rocket

10671253_350594458434513_1908241200257200499_n.jpg39577531.jpg

More of the weird SE4300.. honnestly, even with lots of lead in the NC... I can't see how this second stage can fly stable... a mystery...and a HUGE challenge for rocket builders... I am tempted again :)

SE 4300.jpgSE 4300-2.jpgSE4300-M.jpgSE4300-r.gif

Last edited:
Looks a lot like the Tiamat (first rocket launched at Wallops). The engine (solid fuel) for the Tiamat was buried in the center of the fuselage to keep a constant center of gravity. Might be the same with this rocket.

Peter

I built a sport scale model of the french Monica 1 rocket back in the early 1980s
soon i hope to rebuild it to a true scale model with 3d printed transition from 1st stage to 2nd stage
the 3 stages will be for looks and not functional

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?125344-old-scratch-built-rebuild

View attachment 256390

Back