Looking for Rocketry clubs in NW OHIO?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcidPaintball

Reaction score
I recently moved to Ohio and im looking for a club in my area. Sadly Google, nar, and tripoli sites have failed me on locating anything within anything I'm willing to drive to. Anyone know of a club that might be near Defiance, Toledo, Lima, or Findley?

To be honest it doesnt even have to be a club, just a group of people and land would be great! (Less drama the better)

I'm not sure about Ohio but There is a club in Ft. Wayne IN. They have a summer field where they can fly up to H.

I don't know if this helps, but the Skybusters' field is just over an hour from downtown Toledo. It is located just west of Amherst, OH just off of I-80. (The exit is Baumhart road)

Last edited:
I don't know if this helps, but the Skybusters' field is just over an hour from downtown Toledo. It is located just west of Amherst, OH just off of I-80. (The exit is Baumhart road)

Well Dayton club is closer for me than Amherst, but not really willing to drive 2 hours at this point.

There is also a club in Columbus, but that's probably farther as well. But look again where the "Dayton" club is flying. The field they have been flying from is closer to Columbus than Dayton. Coming south from Findley might not be as far as you think.

I guess I will just bite my tounge and test the waters once more with the Fort wayne club.

There are now two Dayton clubs, Ohio Aerospace Modeling Consortium (aka OAMC) (Tripoli) and TORC703 (NAR). OAMC launches at Wildman Farms about 5 miles southwest of Springfield and TORC703 launches near Cedarville. TORC703 has a launch on the 14th and OAMC's next launch is the 28th and 29th.

I recently moved to Ohio and im looking for a club in my area. Sadly Google, nar, and tripoli sites have failed me on locating anything within anything I'm willing to drive to. Anyone know of a club that might be near Defiance, Toledo, Lima, or Findley?

To be honest it doesnt even have to be a club, just a group of people and land would be great! (Less drama the better)

Have you found anything in the area? I'm originally from Defiance, but I live in Delta now and I work in Hicksville. I'm interested in clubs too, but haven't found any...

The club in Toledo disappeared several years ago. I know of one rocketeer who recently moved to Toledo, so a new club ma be in the future.

The Skybusters field in Amherst would only be around an hour drive for you, but it is currently under about 5 feet of corn. We'll be back in October hopefully. MTMA launches in Aurora, OH which is about another hours drive time. Their field is only LP (G and below) so it may be too long of a drive.

Pat

What are you looking to fly? Big rockets, medium, small? I am a member of three clubs in Ohio. Tripoli Mid Ohio (OAMC) we launch near Springfield. We launch everything from low power to O motors but we are displaced by crops in the summer. Our season starts in October/November depending on harvest. TORC is a NAR club that has a very active membership year round but I am not sure what their motor limit is during the summer.

The other club would be a long drive for you. WVSOAR is a NAR club as well. It is in Rio Grande. We have a K motor limit but a field that restricts us to about 3500'. Launches are held from April through November.

It does look like Fort Wayne is the closest to you but you are welcome to join us at any of these launches if you are in the neighborhood.

You need to go to the Springfield launches, great bunch of guys. And are you really complaining about a 2 hr drive? I only wish!

Thanks guys! I'll look into those clubs! I'm not completely opposed to a two hour drive. I just figured there would be something in the Toledo area.

Back