DARS HP Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think your description of "just under the waiver" was accurate. George used 5135' of our 5280' waiver.

Guess that means we have a new field record. Can't attack that until we get more waiver room.

George just to the right of the picture. I remember seeing him there several minutes before launch and he seemed pretty dang calm! Take a look:

[video]https://plus.google.com/108473622317145995586/posts/Xb6eCiJWVJt[/video]

Last edited:
Some not so great news from today's meeting. Stay tuned for an announcement from Jack. Without some favorable decisions from the current land owners, it doesn't look like Gunter is a go this month and perhaps thereafter :(. Bounty is back on. Corsicana remains available, but not until August at the earliest.

Anybody got a lead on some high power fields????

Well Bob, I hope this is just another one of your famous April Fools jokes? I'm depressed enough already so say it isn't so! :cry:

In some twisted irony, I've started building rockets again. About 1/2 of a 4" LOC parts scratch with a 54mm primed for long burn motors, dual deploy, etc. And, two 5.5" LOC scratch builds; one from the ground up and the other a 'retrofit'. Already dreaming about which motors to fly. Then this news! :facepalm:

I'm an optimist, but a Box of Rain isn't a half bad idea:

[video=youtube;V4SqDx1vi4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4SqDx1vi4c[/video]

Hopefully the new land owners will view it like the prior and surrounding land owners have and, if so, we're back on. The properties to the north remain available but unfortunately limited to low power due inhabited spaces within 1500'. We shall see...

Hopefully the new land owners will view it like the prior and surrounding land owners have and, if so, we're back on. The properties to the north remain available but unfortunately limited to low power due inhabited spaces within 1500'. We shall see...

New land owners? Now that's news to me. Do you have anything you care to share? :confused2:

I've been looking around for a launch area for Tripoli north Texas for a while. I got a number for a ranch up near bowie TX. Treeless, 2.5x4.0 mile area. I gave them the ranche's number but I never heard anything back from the people at Tripoli. I can try and call the ranch and see if TNT ever contacted them. Seems like a good place to launch. No major air routes overhead either.

I've been looking around for a launch area for Tripoli north Texas for a while. I got a number for a ranch up near bowie TX. Treeless, 2.5x4.0 mile area. I gave them the ranche's number but I never heard anything back from the people at Tripoli. I can try and call the ranch and see if TNT ever contacted them. Seems like a good place to launch. No major air routes overhead either.

Hell yeah, call them! The worst they can say is "no". :D

Absolutely! Give them a call or get in touch with Jack Sprague and let him contact them. Jack will follow through. And, you could for a pretty decent pay day by way of the bounty program! I know a dude who sells motors that would be happy to accommodate you :).

New land owners? Now that's news to me. Do you have anything you care to share? :confused2:

Not sure how long ago, but the land that we set the pads on sold to a group. Hopefully it's just an education thing and they'll be cool.

Well, I guess I have time to get my Athena and Scortch rebuilt for the next HP launch. Ugh.

I am going to try to make it out to Frisco on Saturday, April 18 if the weather is decent. I NEED to launch something....:)

Fingers crossed we iron things out in Gunter. I've got an itch to scratch....

Last edited:
We just got a Texas Turd Floater here in Grayson County. Good for freshly planted corn, bad for fans of APCP. A mixed blessing favoring the farmers. Face it folks, we're Going Green!

I think I'll go sand something.

I am chasing a possible lead up far north of FW. Not optimal for the Dallas folks, I know.

I am to the point I am eyeing HP launches in Hearne and north of Austin.
Since I live in South FW, Hearne is actually only about 30-40% further for me than Gunter is.

Austin is a little over twice as far as Gunter.

And then there is Asa, which is only a hair further for me than Gunter.

Not going to make a 120-180 mile drive one way very often, but might have to do it a couple of times this year.

I am chasing a possible lead up far north of FW. Not optimal for the Dallas folks, I know.

I am to the point I am eyeing HP launches in Hearne and north of Austin.
Since I live in South FW, Hearne is actually only about 30-40% further for me than Gunter is.

Austin is a little over twice as far as Gunter.

And then there is Asa, which is only a hair further for me than Gunter.

Not going to make a 120-180 mile drive one way very often, but might have to do it a couple of times this year.

If you find it, they (we) will come...

A friend is trying to get me a conversation with a rancher buddy of his in the Royse City area. Probably a slim chance, but 100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.

It's too wet to sand, paint, fly rockets, do woodwork or mow. I guess I'll just listen to Stevie Ray sing the blues. :cry:

[video=youtube;UtLwuPCUEdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLwuPCUEdg[/video]

Well I guess it's fitting that Gunter was a no go this weekend and even if that weren't the case, we're all flooded out this weekend anyhow. Keep the launch sites coming! Corsicana is likely many months out :facepalm:.

Back