• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Saturn 1b or V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul88

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to find a Estes Saturn 1b or V to build and fly and am hoping someone has one sitting around collecting dust will be willing to sell it so it can be built, admired and flown.

Paul

PS I once built and flew the Saturn 1b and loved it but somehow it went missing in storage along with my half built Saturn V.

Which one do you want of the Saturn V, 2001 or 2157? I believe Ken at Performance Hobbies has the 2157. Both are all over Ebay regularly.Good luck in your quest.

Which one do you want of the Saturn V, 2001 or 2157? I believe Ken at Performance Hobbies has the 2157. Both are all over Ebay regularly.Good luck in your quest.

The kit I had was bought in the early 90's so I think that would make it the 2001 but the 2157 would be ok. I am unaware of the difference between the two actually. just checked performance hobbies and they only list an Estes 1b out of stock and Sheri's 1/48 scale Saturn's that look really nice but at 7 1/2 feet !!

The primary difference is the 2001 is closer to the Original K-36, using paper embossed wraps, paper shrouds on the fins, balsa fins, and plastic detail pieces. But Still separating at the top of the 4in tube. The 2157, is more like the original Centuri, with vacuform wraps, fin shrouds, and fins. It also has some of the plastic detail pieces, with some of them not being used, as they are duplicated in the vacuform.

I just spoke with Ken at Performance Hobbies, he has a 2157 in stock for 80$. Call him, text him at 2027238257, disregard website.

Thanks for the lead Jim, another member her on the group PM'd me about a 2157 kit he purchased on Ebay five years ago or so and has offered it to me for 50 USD. He is going to go through it and send me some pictures since it was opened long ago.

If the kit is missing to many pieces or too badly damaged for me to be able to deal with I will call Ken about that one if this offer falls through.

I have been looking for a Saturn for a few months and keep missing out for one reason or another, but I think I am close, thanks to the helpful guys on this forum! I am thinking of doing a modest build thread with launch vid to thank and help contribute.

Paul

Back