Debating to Launch Today or Not

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USAFmissileer

Reaction score
Here's the deal. I want to launch. Have three composites I want to burn. Trouble is, it is -8 out, there's a half foot of snow at the launch site, SWMBO is home with the flu, and my daughter has show choir (local luckily)

Positives are it is a local show choir event so I only have to go when she is on at 4:30, it is totally clear and wind free and I have time now.

So I am in a quandary now. What to do? 😄. I know what I WANT to do.,,,

Here's the deal. I want to launch. Have three composites I want to burn. Trouble is, it is -8 out, there's a half foot of snow at the launch site, SWMBO is home with the flu, and my daughter has show choir (local luckily)

Positives are it is a local show choir event so I only have to go when she is on at 4:30, it is totally clear and wind free and I have time now.

So I am in a quandary now. What to do? ��. I know what I WANT to do.,,,

If you can prep everything safely before you get to your Launch Site, I'de say go for it!
Messing with Igniters with gloves on is a pain in the butt. I did a launch at -5 once this year. It was a BP C11, and would'nt you know it, the first igniter failed, meaning I had to unglove to put a new one in.

You can count on the co-dependent rocketry enablers of TRF to give you sound, unbiased advice on this. You should definitely go fly today! You should also buy a few new kits and some motors too!

Ended up not giving in to you all! Didn't want to freeze and my wife is very ill do I decided against it. Thanks for the advice though!

Launch at the show choir. They won't mind. : ) You can say it was end of show theatrics.

Launch at the show choir. They won't mind. : ) You can say it was end of show theatrics.

As a fan of musical theater, I agree that the art form could use more rocketry :). Need to try to get some composers and librettists to club launches. Or maybe we need to get some more arts people into the astronaut corps.

Sorry, was in a silly mood...you did the right thing by staying by your sick wife...you can redeem your good-spouse points in better flying weather

Last edited:
Back