wildman ejection lighters vs quest q2g2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyed

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on the differences between the 2 in regards to DD applications? Specifically with the missileworks RRC2+?

Well after a bit of searching I got my answers. Looks like wildman ejection lighters are recommended for use inDD applications. As should be. Also was reminded of the lightbulb technique . (old school but works) . Of caorse I will do some testing before launch with my set up and hopefully launch another successful DD with my Mirage. Using WildMan Lighters.

You can user q2g2 in dual deployment. They work, although I have not tried the new formulation.

How long is the "burny" part? The e-matches I've seen have fairly small heads (more like a large match head), while the ignitors I'm familiar with (those that come with AT DMS/RMS at least) have a head that is around an inch long if not more. It would certainly be harder to contain such a thing inside a smaller charge well, it might still work fine if it's just being bundled in tape or vinyl tubing or something, just curious.

I'm still waiting for a response from electricmatch on my bad MJG initiators, so I'm looking for other possible solutions, but it seems to me that a standard ignitor would be too big for my setup using medium-sized Dog House charge wells.

I wasn't aware of the Wildman ejection lighter until this thread, does anybody have any pictures of what they look like? Experience using them? Are these ATF regulated?

They are small like the MJG. I have used many for DD charges without failure.

They are small like the MJG. I have used many for DD charges without failure.

That Wild Man Rocketry provides some fast service. Got my ejection lighters today. A test with the RRC2+ to confirm then set for another awesome DD(Aerotech Mirage modified):cool:
EDIT******
I did the vacuum test with a 9v battery that measured 8.4V on my meter. It popped off the lighter perfectly for a deployment charge - even with the low battery. So Im Flying DD next week--right on!!!!

Last edited:
Back