Upscale Centuri Centaur?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketed

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has made an upscale version of the Centuri Centaur.

I have the Semroc RetroRepro Centaur, but want to build a larger scale version. I don't think I'd go larger than D motor mounts on it. I don't think those fins could take much speed. They look a bit flutter-prone to me.

(Edited - Semroc never had an SLS Centaur, just RetroRepro)

Ed

Last edited:
You know I was considering a high power version of the Centaur. Maybe not 6 inches in diameter though. But an "Estes Omega" - sized version of the Centaur would be fun. The Omega gets a lot of attention on the Forum, but you see very little on the Centuri Centaur.

Were you thinking about doing a two-stage upscale? Now that would be cool!

Centaurinsky.jpg

centuri-centaur kc15-facecard.jpg

Yep, I wanted the full, two-stage experience. I've always really liked the look of the Centaur as two-stage. D-engine - size makes it easy to stage, but I still hanker for a larger version as well. There should be a "Centuri" equivalent to the Estes Omega, right? :wink: P'raps I should suggest this to Randy, the new owner of Semroc.

Were you thinking about doing a two-stage upscale? Now that would be cool!

Yep, I wanted the full, two-stage experience. I've always really liked the look of the Centaur as two-stage. D-engine - size makes it easy to stage, but I still hanker for a larger version as well. There should be a "Centuri" equivalent to the Estes Omega, right? :wink: P'raps I should suggest this to Randy, the new owner of Semroc.

The problem with going bigger, is the staging. I've been thinking about a 3" Omega, but the logistics of staging AP motors has me reluctant.

The same reluctance here, but it would be a really nice project. The Omega is a very nice design and would scale up well.

The problem with going bigger, is the staging. I've been thinking about a 3" Omega, but the logistics of staging AP motors has me reluctant.

The same reluctance here, but it would be a really nice project. The Omega is a very nice design and would scale up well.

Yeah, I had an Omega as a kid, and loved it. I would really like to do an upscale. I have a Semroc Omega kit that I bought a few years ago, but haven't built it yet.

I had an Omega (back in the 60's) too and I still remember the beautiful flights. I'll be getting the Semroc Omega once it becomes available. I love low, mid, and high power rockets.

Yeah, I had an Omega as a kid, and loved it. I would really like to do an upscale. I have a Semroc Omega kit that I bought a few years ago, but haven't built it yet.

Back