Rocketry Warehouse announces $4.99 Flat Rate Shipping

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketrywarehouse

Reaction score
We would like to announce great news, starting now we will be offering flat rate shipping for only $4.99.
This is only available to customers in the lower 48 (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, and international orders).
It makes no difference if you purchase a small tube or a large 12 Inch Rocket Kit, you will pay just $4.99
This shipping rate is based on us picking the lowest cost method of getting it to you and that can range from FedEx to UPS or the Post Office.
If you need a guaranteed fast method of shipping you can still pick that option.

Thank You
Sales Dept

Wow. This is going to greatly increase my ordering with you.... :)

That is HUGE.

Especially given how much shipping costs have gone up in recent times. You guys seem to be really knocking it out of the park lately. You will absolutely see more orders from me in the future.

s6

Rocketry Warehouse has made some great changes this year!

Yeah. .that is pretty untouchable. .residential fees are $3 or $4 bucks by itself

Kenny

Something weird (in a very good way) is going on here -

We all know this is a small hobby, and supposedly one that's tough to be doing business in. So many vendors seem to be just making it, and none of them seem to be getting rich. We hear so often that being a rocketry vendor is as much a "labor of love" as anything, and that there are plenty of other smarter/easier ways to make a living.

But here's RW expanding, upping the quality, offering more and more great stuff, adding all kinds of great little upgrades and improvements, HIRING MORE EMPLOYEES!, offering great pricing (and/or not raising prices for the latest/greatest), upping customer service, improving their infrastructure, constantly offering killer deals and sales, and now this shipping pricing deal which is pretty amazing. It SEEMS like you guys are doing really well - which I think is simply fantastic.

It's VERY cool that things are going well for your business. And it's something we all benefit from.

But it seems out of place almost - aren't you supposed to be struggling to barely get by? What's the story?

s6

I realize in hind-site this was not the proper place to voice my opinions, and I apologize publicly for any offense.

Something weird (in a very good way) is going on here -

We all know this is a small hobby, and supposedly one that's tough to be doing business in. So many vendors seem to be just making it, and none of them seem to be getting rich. We hear so often that being a rocketry vendor is as much a "labor of love" as anything, and that there are plenty of other smarter/easier ways to make a living.

But here's RW expanding, upping the quality, offering more and more great stuff, adding all kinds of great little upgrades and improvements, HIRING MORE EMPLOYEES!, offering great pricing (and/or not raising prices for the latest/greatest), upping customer service, improving their infrastructure, constantly offering killer deals and sales, and now this shipping pricing deal which is pretty amazing. It SEEMS like you guys are doing really well - which I think is simply fantastic.

It's VERY cool that things are going well for your business. And it's something we all benefit from.

But it seems out of place almost - aren't you supposed to be struggling to barely get by? What's the story?

s6

Great observation. Really happy to see a vendor expanding via investment in people and be proud of their success.

This makes me very happy. I congratulate you on instituting this very progressive policy. I also welcome back the Wednesday Hump Day Happy Hour. Thank you very much. Live Long and Prosper.

Wow! That made me order $140 of stuff I really don't need. :)
I hate paying high shipping costs and I know it's irrational, but free shipping (or in this case very inexpensive shipping) makes me happy.

Thanks RW.

NikeMikey

As long as you keep the options open for shipping by UPS or FEDEX I'm good with it. Never ever have had a problem getting packages through them. There is a reason people are willing to pay a premium for there service.

If the flat rate is via the USPS even if it was for free would not be worth it for me. The Chicago post office where I am located is terrible service and basically lacks the will and man power to give any type of competent service. I have had many packages get lost and never delivered. Most of the time they will not even attempt a package delivery especially anything large like a fiberglass rocket kit and wait for me to try and track it down, when I ask them about it they claim they do not have the man power in my area to deliver large packages and it's up to me to figure out where in the Chicago post office system the package is located and go and retrieve it, this means I spend half a day to find parking and wait in a slow ass line for an hour or more to get a usually grumpy window person to make me wait another 30 minutes while they try to find my package - NO THANKS. The USPS usually never will even give or send me a delivery a notice that a package was sent so it sits in the USPS Chicago somewhere unknown and then they discard it or send it back to shipper with out my knowledge, only if I'm lucky and able to have a USPS tracking number have i been able to get some packages. just wanted to give RW some advice that some of us don't mind paying more for different shipping options.

$4.99 Flat Rate?

Can’t do better than that.

Unless it actually means they run the package through a 100 ton press thus making it “Flat” so they can ship it to you in a padded envelope.

But what are the odds of that?

Latest posts

Back