Best place to get a Minnie Mag

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan-oh buddy! You are going to have to mouse around for that unit. erockets has one but they are getting pricey. may be easier just to clone one these days.

I tried Hobbylinc and it looks like they don't carry it, which I find strange. They did before for about $85

Thanks!

I thought you are a big Wildman Rocketry "club" guy? They have a good "club"price. Otherwise you can order direct from LOC. Performance Hobbies has a decent price as well.

Jerome :)

I just spoke with Ken at Performance Hobbies, he has 3 in stock. Give him a call or text at 2027238257. $99.95,retail is 120.95.

Last edited:
I got mine from Kenny on the field, so +1 for performance hobbies. Always love to see Kenny at a launch, and astounded at the amount of stuff he packs in his trailer and truck...

I got mine from Performance Hobbies, he was out of stock at the time (last month) so it drop-shipped direct from LOC, meant a bit more in shipping but it still worked out to be less than retail. Discount Rocketry also lists it for $98.96, I had emailed both vendors when I was ready to order, Ken just happened to respond first so I went with him (Discount Rocketry responded the next day so it wasn't a huge difference in time, I hadn't dealt with either vendor before so I had no preference, I'd certainly order from Ken again).

I thought you are a big Wildman Rocketry "club" guy? They have a good "club"price. Otherwise you can order direct from LOC. Performance Hobbies has a decent price as well.

Jerome :)

You're right I am and chances are I'll decide to buy from Tim because there are other items I need to get. I was just wondering why the lack of them more or less. I was just surprised to see that Hobbylinc no longer carries them. It's a pretty popular rocket.

I’m not sure about this but I think Hobbylinc gave up stocking the Mini-Magg do to the size of the shipping box required.

Any thoughts to piecing together a mini magg size rocket with components ?

Worse case you pick up airframe tube and nosecone from onsite vendor and then make or order a set of fins mail order.

You can even upgrade yourself to a blue tube or go big on the mmt.

Or go the other way..if you cant get the magg below $100 landed, then go for 5 inch Jart at $179 Club price.

Kenny

Last edited:
I got mine at Hobby Linc. It's a shame they are not selling them anymore. Easily my favorite rocket to date.

Love the Magg! No need to go 54mm, flies great on the 38, keep it cheap, simple and original. Bet you couldn't swing a dead cat and miss a Magg owner.

TA

Love the Magg! No need to go 54mm, flies great on the 38, keep it cheap, simple and original. Bet you couldn't swing a dead cat and miss a Magg owner.

TA
Agreed! I've got 8 flights on mine (including my L1 cert as the first flight) and I love flying it on practically any motor.
I got mine from Hobbylinc, but Wildman and Discount Rocketry would both probably be good places.

Last edited:
I got mine at Hobby Linc. It's a shame they are not selling them anymore. Easily my favorite rocket to date.
Wait, is the Magg going OOP? If so I should get one posthaste, even if I sit on the kit for a while...

Wait, is the Magg going OOP? If so I should get one posthaste, even if I sit on the kit for a while...

Nah, it appears Hobbylinc is not selling them anymore. I doubt LOC would ever stop selling them. It has to be one of their most popular kits.

After converting mine to 54mm and having to throw away the hopelessly warped fins, I only used the nosecone and body tube. You can buy those and the remaining parts for a lot less than $85 or $98. The fins are easy to make (and without that funky fin retaining construct). My next one is going to be all FWFG and an even bigger motor mount.

Back