Hump Day Happy Hour Sale start now !!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketrywarehouse

Reaction score
Tonight's sweet deal is a new kit called the Reaper
It is a 3 Inch thin wall kit. (this is a true thin wall kit, a .040 wall )
It will be offered in Red and also natural for those that prefer that.
This is a 6 Fin rocket capable of anything from an H to an L
This kit also includes a filament wound nosecone with our new tip (non metal) the new tips are nearly indestructible and will not break even when smashed into concrete.
And as always we include vinyl decals.

Offered tonight at the low price of $129.99, not bad for an all fiberglass kit that is over 6 feet tall that retails for $199.99.

Please come check out the great deal and check out some of our other new products, lots more to be added in coming days.

www.rocketrywarehouse.com

Remember the sale starts at 7 PM EST and runs until inventory is gone or Midnight (whichever comes first)

Thank You
Sales Dept

Well, it looks like I just bought my mach buster. Guess I'll move that goal up from next year to this fall.

10451120_1010850815610140_4215406395072054687_n.jpg

And I wasn't planning on buying another rocket until next year. You're killing me, Floyd.

I like the looks of it, but has this been tested on a rail ? I mean, where is the clearance for a rail with the three small fins?
reaper3-lg.jpg

Last edited:
I like the looks of it, but has this been tested on a rail ? I mean, where is the clearance for a rail with the three small fins?

Interesting thought. I got a DIY 3" with 6 fin slots. I'm hoping it works. A stand off might help. Never even gave it a thought when I ordered it that way.

Interesting the "true thin wall" description. I have a few airframes that have been sold/described as "thinwall" and some of them are .040", some are .060" (as opposed to "normal" which seems to be about .072").

Also interesting is the fact that the motor range is given as "I through L", which leaves out "K". K motors would certainly fit in this rocket - are you (meaning RW) recommending folks NOT fly K motors, due to perhaps the lightweight airframe?

Looks sweet, nice price for such a thing, and I really like the non-metal tip. Nice way to bring back HDHH sale!

s6

Is that a real question? It means u can fly it on anything from an I to an L....they left out J too, does that mean I can't fly it on a J too?

Preston

Interesting the "true thin wall" description. I have a few airframes that have been sold/described as "thinwall" and some of them are .040", some are .060" (as opposed to "normal" which seems to be about .072").

Also interesting is the fact that the motor range is given as "I through L", which leaves out "K". K motors would certainly fit in this rocket - are you (meaning RW) recommending folks NOT fly K motors, due to perhaps the lightweight airframe?

Looks sweet, nice price for such a thing, and I really like the non-metal tip. Nice way to bring back HDHH sale!

s6

Lol, I-L means I and everything inbetween through L. I truly hope you both were joking.

As for the person mentioning the need for standoffs due to the small fins, that concerns me, as it seems that standoffs will be needed. I'm thinking that those extra fins are nothing but a big bother that needn't be there. I'm considering filling in the slots with Rocketpoxy colored black, unless I can find a red dye the same shade red.

Lol, I-L means I and everything inbetween through L. I truly hope you both were joking.

As for the person mentioning the need for standoffs due to the small fins, that concerns me, as it seems that standoffs will be needed. I'm thinking that those extra fins are nothing but a big bother that needn't be there. I'm considering filling in the slots with Rocketpoxy colored black, unless I can find a red dye the same shade red.

No clue if it needs standoff. Just an option if it comes down to it. My DIY will get 6 fins all the same size. I have similar cardboard LOC parts rockets, but they have a 1/4" lug - built before I new what rail buttons were.

Wow, that may be the stupidest, highest brain-fart post I've ever made.

First of all, I got it wrong, and the site says "H through L", not "I through L". Then, for whatever reason, my brain simply said, "hmmmm, I wonder why it stops before K?".
Man this was a MUCH longer, more stressful day at work than I realized. I feel like an idiot.

Really folks, I DO know how the alphabet goes.....

geez.

s6

First of all, I got it wrong, and the site says "H through L", not "I through L". Then, for whatever reason, my brain simply said, "hmmmm, I wonder why it stops before K?".
Man this was a MUCH longer, more stressful day at work than I realized. I feel like an idiot.

geez.

s6

Too funny, I hate it when I do that. I usually do it in front of everyone too.

I'm much better at the first half of the alphabet - Well A- P at least thanks to rockets.

geez.

s6

I feel for you, man. :facepalm:

Just ordered. One suggestion on website. The black background with grey font is very difficult to see.

Tempted, but have several 3" FG kits with a 54mm mount. Would rather go 38mm and not have to deal with adapters for a local field bird. Not sure I'll be awake much longer.

There is no problem with a 1010 rail, plenty of room.
Kevin no problem on the 38 mm just order it and put it in the comments.

Thank You
Sales Dept

A quick bit of mental geometry: The radius is 1.5 inches. You can divide the circle into six sectors (or triangles) with an outer width (chord) equal to the radius. This should be able to fly on a 1010 rail without problem but might touchy about rail button alignment with a 1515 rail.

Doug

Can't get the login page to display. Either too busy, browser issue, or something wrong. Will keep trying.

A quick bit of mental geometry: The radius is 1.5 inches. You can divide the circle into six sectors (or triangles) with an outer width (chord) equal to the radius. This should be able to fly on a 1010 rail without problem but might touchy about rail button alignment with a 1515 rail.

Doug

You have to subtract the thickness of the fins. By my calculations, you have 1.45 inches between fins. So you would have 0.225 inch clearance on either side of a 1010 rail.

Ordered. Just stumbled on it today and couldn't get the wallet out fast enough.
Just turned a major milestone birthday and nobody got me anything I wanted except a party with my friends, and prune juice. So this is my present to me.
Sing along-
This is your birthday song,
It isn't very long.

Rail fit with little fins:
You bunch of over-analytical geeks. Leave one little bitty fin off. Put rail buttons on that line.

Shoot. The little fin might fit IN the rail slot.

Last edited:
Rail fit with little fins:
You bunch of over-analytical geeks. Leave one little bitty fin off. Put rail buttons on that line.

Shoot. The little fin might fit IN the rail slot.

Yeah,

Actually if one wants to use the 1515 buttons, leaving one itty-bitty fin off shouldn't make any difference whatsoever in flight behavior. If one is "ok" with a 1010 rail and it fits, run with it. Kurt

Need to have the LCO play "Don't Fear the Reaper" over the intercom during the launch.

That is an insane rocket. I have the G3 and it is a hot performer. I cannot imagine what a light weight G3 would do on 54mm motors. Drool ...

I didn't get a hump day happy hour email before the sale. Did anyone else?

Back