Timers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
Timer.jpg

Whether it be one of these, or the one on your microwave oven, those little timers, are darned handy. I'm sure there are timers on some rocketry applications, that are just as important, but around the house, they sure come in handy to old farts like myself. Helping me to remember when to take my meds to, reminding me to check out what's in the oven. Hell, since I share a laundry room with other tenants, I time washing my clothes and drying them. My neighbors love me.

It's easy to get preoccupied and forget what you have in the works. My little timers help keep me on track. Does anyone else work this way? Just curious.

I have the curious ability to keep near perfect time in my head. I use an alarm clock, and without fail, I get up within a minute or two before it goes off, regardless of when I set it for. Likewise, I can put things in the toaster oven or microwave, set the timer on them, and get up to go get the stuff out within that last 10 seconds before the bell rings.
My Dr. says that this is a sign of good mental health.:)

I can do the same thing! Even more eerie: switching back to my the TV show coming off of commercials....
I have a digital version from Radio Shack.
The only problem is: it keeps falling off of my refrigerator knocking the battery out of it.

JD

I have the curious ability to keep near perfect time in my head. I use an alarm clock, and without fail, I get up within a minute or two before it goes off, regardless of when I set it for. Likewise, I can put things in the toaster oven or microwave, set the timer on them, and get up to go get the stuff out within that last 10 seconds before the bell rings.
My Dr. says that this is a sign of good mental health.:)

Back