Anyone flown their Wildman Saab Sport yet?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisAttebery

Reaction score
I've got a Wildman Saab Sport still sitting in the box. Most likely it will be flying on CTI 29mm 3 grain motors. It looks like it will need a lot of nose weight to fly on 38mm motors.

Have any of you flown yours yet? If so, what have you flown it on?

Chris

I still think the 54mm/38mm airframe/mmt makes it a Saab Junior. The rest of the Sports are 54/29.

V2 Sport on the build list first.

This is a late reply but I've flown it on an I300T-14A delay was spot on last October. Don't bother anything longer than a 38-480 as packing volume becomes a nightmare. Need 488 grams of lead as forward into nose as you can pack it with rocketpoxy. Had 1.73 stability. I redid the fillets last week which added 143g to tail dropped I motor stability to 1.55 and H motor DMS 219T-14A stability to 1.77. My setup is a 12 ft 3/16" Kevlar cord, 12" nomex, and IRIS 24" Drogue. Anywhere between 2.6 k ft-5.4 k ft. Broke a shock cord first flight so went with one bad hawk this time. This model was RB-05A Sport. Model flies excellent with enough lead. Recovery is a challenge depending on winds from lack of packing volume I can add some pics tomorrow.

Back