Dynasoar Rocketry RC Rocket glider kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have it yet, I was shopping for a second hand set and ran a cross that one while Mike gets me a motor case to send

I don't have it yet, I was shopping for a second hand set and ran a cross that one while Mike gets me a motor case to send

Again, you'd have to make sure it came with a compatible receiver, since the new mfg receivers won't work with this particular system.

Frank,

Would a DX6 Park Flier system work?

Is it the original DX6 introduced around 2005-2006, or is it a DX6i, or is it the new DX6 that has the black TX?

Based on your description of it as a parkflyer system, it does sound like the original DX6 that came with the AR6000 RX designed for parkflyers. If so, I would not hesitate to use it in one of Franks models, assuming it passes a basic range check.

I was an early adopter of Spectrum back in late 2005/early 2006 and owned that first DX6 and several of the 7 gram AR6000 RX units. Always worked perfectly for me.

Playing around with this design, Modifying the wing shape to not have as much crank, reducing length slightly, and reducing tail height to reach optimum CG. I'm not sure if there would be enough interest, I'd have to buy a bunch of the cosmic Interceptor kits to get free shipping and keep the per kit price down, for the tubes and cones.....I'm calling it the "Arc-Light" When the only option is to nuke em from orbit.....

WP_20160123_16_50_30_Pro.jpg

Frank

Last edited:
Here is the kit prototype rtf at 11 3/4 oz including 1/4 ounce of nose weight that may or may not be needed.
38" long, 20.5" wingspan.

Frank

WP_20160518_23_21_24_Pro.jpgWP_20160518_23_21_41_Pro.jpg

Playing around with this design, Modifying the wing shape to not have as much crank, reducing length slightly, and reducing tail height to reach optimum CG. I'm not sure if there would be enough interest, I'd have to buy a bunch of the cosmic Interceptor kits to get free shipping and keep the per kit price down, for the tubes and cones.....I'm calling it the "Arc-Light" When the only option is to nuke em from orbit.....

View attachment 291376

Frank

Here is the kit prototype rtf at 11 3/4 oz including 1/4 ounce of nose weight that may or may not be needed.
38" long, 20.5" wingspan.

Frank

View attachment 291412View attachment 291413

WOW! That's really cool!

I'm amazed by all the stuff you're working on...you really don't seem to like idle time! :wink:

Idle hands....as they say.....Got six flights in this morning, really nice, I did need a bit of down trim on boost, I think due to the T tail drag, but was getting glides of around a minute, very much like the Ikarus. Looks really nice in the air. 11 3/4 oz on the dot rtf. Taped my micropeak altimeter on it and got just over 500' on the E-6.

My daughter got some great video today of three flights of the Arc-Light, it was pretty windy, 9mph but handled it like a champ, really a sweet flyer.

[video=youtube;uOkB9FMBAfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOkB9FMBAfg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Got in my Cosmic Interceptor kits today, and kitted up the first pre-sold kit, so I can do at least 8 more of the Arc-Light.

Frank

I have become an official aerotech dealer and I will attempt to stock both the 24mm reload casings and E-6 reloads. I also have a drop ship option via another dealer that should hopefully mean a consistent source of these great motors for rc rocket gliders. Stay tuned for more information.

I have become an official aerotech dealer and I will attempt to stock both the 24mm reload casings and E-6 reloads. I also have a drop ship option via another dealer that should hopefully mean a consistent source of these great motors for rc rocket gliders. Stay tuned for more information.

Excellent news! I would say you've had an impact on the E-6 reloads with your great flying designs.

Thanks John. Had a nice launch this weekend, at FITS really too windy to fly rocket gliders but I did it anyway...kits handled it really well, not twitchy on boost at all, and really nice hovering type of landings. Jim Wilkerson got some great flight shots.

FITS May 27 2016-32.jpgFITS May 27 2016-33.jpgFITS May 27 2016-37.jpgFITS May 27 2016-39.jpg

I am at the SMALL RC event in Little Rock, AR and will be demoing your original InteR/Ceptor and your X-15, plus flying my XB-70, XF-108 and XAB-1.

Yes I do, although I also get to tri cities and Dayton up in Washington as well.

QUOTE=wyo17;1588989]Frank,

Do you fly with OROC?

Pat[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to flight reports on all of them, and hopefully pictures!

Had great flights today on the X-15, XB-70 and, at last, on the XF-108 Rapier. All great crowd pleasers for this gathering of RC aircraft folks.

I maidened the XF-108 last summer, but had an interesting flutter event that broke it in half early in the boost.
Added some doublers to the lower fuse for this, the second flight.
It fluttered again, less, on the way up, but stayed together and turned in a great flight.

Pictures coming soon and will post the X-15 pics here and the ones of my designs in their threads so as to not clutter up Franks thread.

SST Kit has been released! Also got my AIR FRANCE vinyl from stickershock and added that to my prototype

cf28cb37acff09cf20919d35e20c54b9.jpg

WP_20160609_12_19_50_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Frank,

Awesome job on these rocket gliders! I plan on getting one at some point. Which of your kit(s) glide the best? I would like to pick one that will glide as long as possible.

Best regards,
Brian

Actually they are all very similar in terms of flight time, as you can see by the videos on my site, a little over a minute, the lifting bodies and the Ikarus are the heaviest at around 12.5-13 ounces but have the most wing, the IntR/Ceptor is the lightest and goes the highest, but has the smallest wing so it's sort of a wash, I will say the IntR/Ceptor and Spyplane handle higher wind really well, but I just haven't flown the others in very high wind yet, just about 10mph so far on them, so they are probably similar as well. I think it really comes down to what look you like the best. Again, they are easy to fly sport rocket gliders by design, not a competition model.

Frank

Frank,

Awesome job on these rocket gliders! I plan on getting one at some point. Which of your kit(s) glide the best? I would like to pick one that will glide as long as possible.

Best regards,
Brian

Frank,

Thank you for the information.

I have one more question for you. Would it be feasable to use an inexpensive transmitter that has the mixing and mark the trims for both the boost and the flight. Then at apogee, move the trims to the flight marks. If not, do any of the rocket gliders that you offer use pretty much the same boost and flight trims?

Best regards,
Brian

Yes, you can always use manual trims for boost/glide, I just don't know of a really inexpensive transmitter with mixing, most that do have a flap/elevator mixing switch as well. All of these models have the motor in the rear so CG shift is inevitible and you have to trim that out, or hold back stick while flying.
The DXe transmitter will do mixing and has a flap switch, I think it is $60 without receiver or $90 with a $30 receiver, that's pretty cheap.

Frank

Frank,

Thank you for the information.

I have one more question for you. Would it be feasable to use an inexpensive transmitter that has the mixing and mark the trims for both the boost and the flight. Then at apogee, move the trims to the flight marks. If not, do any of the rocket gliders that you offer use pretty much the same boost and flight trims?

Best regards,
Brian

Last edited:
Frank,

I just checked and I have the Spectrum DX5e transmtter. It says that it has delta mixing and hi/lo rates. Would my transmitter work?

Best regards,
Brian

Yes, that will work for the mixing, you'll just need to manually set the boost/glide trim settings as needed.

Frank

Frank,

I just checked and I have the Spectrum DX5e transmtter. It says that it has delta mixing and hi/lo rates. Would my transmitter work?

Best regards,
Brian

Have you gotten any of these yet, Mike is killing me... He thought he was getting some at ldrs but he did not. Are e6 reloads hazmat?

Hi, I'm still waiting for my first shipment, my drop shipper has the E6 reloads but hasn't gotten me the shipping prices to add to my site yet. Hopefully early next week. Charlie phoned me last friday to say the casings were a week to a week and a half out. No they are not hazmat but you still need to mark them properly for the usps.
I'll post as soon as I have things ready to go.

Frank

Have you gotten any of these yet, Mike is killing me... He thought he was getting some at ldrs but he did not. Are e6 reloads hazmat?

Here are some shots of my Dynasoar Rocketry X-15 in action, taken at the SMALL model aircraft event in Little Rock, in the first week of June.

DSC_0080 ES.jpgDSC_0081 ES.jpgDSC_0082 ES.jpgDSC_0088 ES.jpgDSC_0091 ES.jpg

Back