Anyone convert the larger Estes rocket kit to use electronics?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxQ

Tripoli 2747
Reaction score
Electronics have become smaller and more affordable, with a wider availability.

Some of the larger kits could be made dual deploy and some scale looking projects could be made two stage w/o the usual BP to BP motor proximity.

lestt7221.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the links.
Since I fly mostly HPR I haven't been looking at the LPR discussion much.

The fields we fly the low power stuff tend to have trees in closer proximity, not sure I would want to put electronics up in the air in that environment....so my line of questioning hopefully would lead to a choice of low cost electronics (stager or timer) that could do both air start/staging and dual deploy but wouldn't be too painful to put in a tree permanently if that were to happen.

My Leviathan has an AV bay in the nose cone, and I use a cable-cutter for single-chute dual deployment.

I'm in the final stages of finishing my PSII Nike Smoke which has cable cutter DD in the NC, and I've got a quite successful Argent with DD. I'm considering putting DD into my rebuilt STM 012. It's gonna be a fight for room between an altimeter and a tracker... That would be a really cool rocket.

Nate

You guys using the Archetype Rocketry Cable Cutter?

Yup- I've heard mixed things, but most seems to be positive. I did a little ground test, and it worked perfectly. Not a large sample size, but the theory seems sound to me.

Nate

Back