Where's G-Wiz?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bballreich

Reaction score
Tried to find the main G-Wiz website to download their flight view software and couldn't find it. Anybody know what happened or where they went?

I saw that a couple weeks ago.
I believe that their domain expired.

Still trying to figure out what is wrong with my LCX.
Data but, no air-starts.

JD

If someone knows the owner, please contact them so we can determine the status of the company.

Guys,

I emailed and can confirm that GWIZ is out of business. Sad news for another great altimeter company.

Guys,

I emailed and can confirm that GWIZ is out of business. Sad news for another great altimeter company.

I have used two of their units, the original GWiz and GWiz deluxe, since I got into high power many years ago.
Still using them today.
I really liked having a unit that switched from air start/cluster to staging very easily.
Reliable low opening for dual deployment, and nice size that fit in a small space.

They were expensive, but they do a lot. I agree. I have one of each and one of the AV bays that I bought on the field for $110 from a guy who was getting out.

Does anybody here have a copy of the Flight View software? I'm looking for a copy for both MAC and PC.
Thanks, Daniel

Thank you. The PC and Linux links work but the MAC link does not. Anybody have a copy of the MAC flight view software?

Thank you. The PC and Linux links work but the MAC link does not. Anybody have a copy of the MAC flight view software?

Thanks for the link to Flightview. I also need the "windows Vista 64 bit" USB drivers as well. Anybody have those that they could send me or maybe a link?

hi,
i just tried to use to gwiz but turned out, i never bought communication module. What should i Do ? is there any alternate you can refer to ?
thanks

Going to go ahead and bump this thread with my story. I posted elsewhere that I bought a couple of these units back in January and am just now pulling out the box. I've tried using the two links above to no avail. The windows will downloads the installer for version 1.5. After getting the driver situation squared away I tried to connect the HCX to the software and all it did was crash. As soon as I hit connect, boom, gone. So clearly something isn't right. Additionally their website states that 3.0 is the current version, which would indicate this one to be very outdated. If someone out there has the software, please find a way to get it to the masses, or send it to me and I would gladly host it.

Thank you

I use to have an older MC2.
It didn't work right until they released the current version of the software....

I'll have to dig for it as it's been 2 computers since I last installed it.

JD

Going to go ahead and bump this thread with my story. I posted elsewhere that I bought a couple of these units back in January and am just now pulling out the box. I've tried using the two links above to no avail. The windows will downloads the installer for version 1.5. After getting the driver situation squared away I tried to connect the HCX to the software and all it did was crash. As soon as I hit connect, boom, gone. So clearly something isn't right. Additionally their website states that 3.0 is the current version, which would indicate this one to be very outdated. If someone out there has the software, please find a way to get it to the masses, or send it to me and I would gladly host it.

Thank you

Thank you for this! I'll get to work on installing everything tomorrow morning and report back. If I do get it all working properly I will host a dropbox link of my own as a future backup location.

Was this resolved? I have an old, but unused, MC2 and a FlightView CD labeled release 2.5.

Thanks.

Michael
Maybe we could all pool resources and post those here. I'll dig for my files and try to have Kenrico move them off the CD's. I know there are other 'ratpackers' out there and while these are not the 'flavour of the month' they still work and work well. I'll cry if I ever translate these into scrap from a core sample or a cato. I even had a LCX survive a shred back in The Cardboard Days. The data was hilarious! (yes, I have a warped sense of humour!)

I have an old GWiz and it works fine after all these years. I flew it last summer in my (mid-power standard missile) and when I remembered to turn it on, it ignited a 24 mm reloadable AT motor fine. The other time this past year it fired the igniter, but the igniter failed to ignite the 24 mm motor. Those motors are stubborn sometimes. I just keep it in one model and never change the settings, only the batteries. It does seem to use more battery power than some electronics. I use one 9v for the computer and one 9v battery for the igniter.

Looks nice. I have an old v2 Mission Control Fight computer from the old days that had something like 40 pages of worksheets/information. Had 4 channels and could do staging. The serial connection was just that, a serial connection not USB.
A defunct dealer called Rincon Rocketry held the documentation and rights and sold them. A v3 was out but I believe it quietly died out. Kurt Savegnago

Thank you
I know this is six years old but I just dug version 2.9 (Nov 2008) of the GWiz Flight view software out of my archive.
I tested it and it installs on Windows 10 but it only worked with the version of Java that they offer to install.
It would not start with the current version of Java I have on my desktop.
So I let them install their version and it seems to work fine with my GWiz (LC Deluxe?). Reads memory, performs calibrations and tests etc..

Post here if anyone is still looking for it and I will figure out a way to share it.
I also have versions 2.1, 2.5, 2.61. At least that is how I decipher the file names I created.
No 3.x though.

Latest posts

Back