Missile Works RRC3 data is gone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisMYeh

Reaction score
Hello,

I flew a MissileWorks RRC3 altimeter last weekend, and everything worked beautifully. When I recovered the rocket, the altimeter was beeping out the altitude and everything seemed fine. However, I just bought MissileWorks' USB dongle, and when I tried to use mDACS there is no data present.

Would anyone happen to know why the flight data was erased, or how I could somehow recover the data from flash memory?

I've followed the instruction manual to the letter, the diagnostics tab works fine, and I can load the altimeter's settings. However, there is no flight data or flight log history available. On the ride home, the altimeter was accidentally powered on and off again twice (the power plug for my altimeter got pulled out, turning the av-bay on). Would this have caused the altimeter to wipe the old data? It seems to hold up to 12 flights, so I'm not sure that this should be a problem.

Thanks,
Dennis

"Would this have caused the altimeter to wipe the old data?"

No

Emailed Jim Amos at MissileWorks and figured it out - I was able to retrieve and record data using the Flight Simulator in mDACS, so the memory chip is not broken.

What most likely happened was a faulty memory pointer initialization during launch.

Back