Toilet Seats

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That "chivalry crap" and the art of being a gentleman have never gone out of style.

Absolutely true! Unless you want to spend your life alone or a hermit on a desert island.

AH! Now I get to recite the quote, "A woman marries a man, hoping he will change, but he doesn't. A man marries a woman hoping she doesn't change, but she does." Those of you that put your brides on a pedestal, or were seduced into thinking, her word rules, have joined the dark side! OFF WITH YOUR HAND!

That "chivalry crap" and the art of being a gentleman have never gone out of style.

Yeah sure... hold open a door for the wrong witch and get chewed out for it and you'll change your mind...

But whatever floats yer boat...

Later! OL JR :)

AH! Now I get to recite the quote, "A woman marries a man, hoping he will change, but he doesn't. A man marries a woman hoping she doesn't change, but she does." Those of you that put your brides on a pedestal, or were seduced into thinking, her word rules, have joined the dark side! OFF WITH YOUR HAND!

Exactly...

Exactly...

We might not often agree on certain things...you and I, but this subject is as clear as it gets. I agree with 97% of what you said in post # 17. It's possible that we made bad choices when it came to women, or maybe they're all corrupt. (Still doing the math on that) Anyhoo, I'd rather be alone and lonely, than married and miserable.

When I became a big boy and could pee on my own, I was taught to put the seat up when you pee so you don't make a mess and back down when you're done. I've been married now for 15 years and have never discussed this issue with my wife. I just do it out of habit. So I guess if I'm being somehow dominated be women, it's my Mom to blame, not my wife or anyone else. Thanks a lot Mom! Now I've wasted my freakin' life putting that stupid seat up and down!

I'm more the pick-your-battles type, and this one has never even shown up as a tiny blip on my radar. My wife and I enjoy making each other happy, so I guess it never occurred to me to assert my manhood through toilet seat politics. If that's the hill you want to die on, then good luck to you gentlemen.

On a side note, I'm convinced that whole germaphobic concern about the fecal plume covering your bathroom in poop germs whenever you flush is pure paranoia. I don't doubt it happens, but I don't think it's worth worrying about.

Your immune system is stronger and more resilient than you give it credit for. You are constantly fighting off pathogens that you are exposed to every day. A minor dose of germs that came out of your own butt or the butts of your family members which you are exposed to anyway are not going to harm you. Do you impose a lid-down policy on your guests? Do you disinfect the bathroom after your guests leave?

Unless you can actually taste the unpleasant flavor of poop on your toothbrush, I'm pretty sure the tiny traces of fecal matter floating around your bathroom are not doing you any harm. Your body needs a few germs now and then to keep your immune system strong. Your worries about being exposed to germs from a toilet flush are literally all in your head --- psychological, not a real health threat.

My experience has been that germaphobes who disinfect everything and avoid every exposure to anything remotely "infected" are the least healthy people I know. Their immune systems are atrophied and weak, and they are susceptible to the tiniest exposures. Eat a little dirt now and then, let a dog lick your face, and flush with the lid up --- you'll be healthier for it.

We might not often agree on certain things...you and I, but this subject is as clear as it gets. I agree with 97% of what you said in post # 17. It's possible that we made bad choices when it came to women, or maybe they're all corrupt. (Still doing the math on that) Anyhoo, I'd rather be alone and lonely, than married and miserable.

LOL:) I agree... and ya know it's perfectly okay to disagree as well... :)

Oh, I didn't make a bad choice... I COULD have, very definitely... but I steered clear and broke it off with a few gals that reminded me too much of my mother. How my Dad has stayed married to her all these years without either 1) smothering her in her sleep or 2) hanging himself in the barn I will NEVER know! I know *I* could never have put up with her!!!

Nah, I recall this subject coming up maybe once or twice after Betty and I were married, but that was it. I told her "I'll put it up and you can put it down, or you can put it up and I'll put it down when I'm done, but NO WAY am I doing BOTH..." So she basically shut up about it and haven't heard anything about it in years...

As for the womens on the job constantly looking for someone to do their job FOR them... well, that's been pretty typical... seen it several places...

Had to laugh once in mechanic's school... my 3 man team was working on one end of a truck chassis doing air brake lines and valves, this little 4x4 gal (four foot tall, four foot wide, you get the picture) and these two wormy looking little guys that looked about fourteen years old were at the other end of the truck pulling off the rear dual tires... "If yall will lift the tires, I'll put on the lug nuts..." she said... We all got a good laugh out of that one... That won't fly in a shop-- guy will tell her "do your own friggin' job!" and if she can't hack it, she belongs up front answering phones for $8 bucks an hour, not back in the shop...

The fact that people change their behaviors or habits based on something they saw on "Mythbusters" is the most puzzling to me...

Those guys are about as "scientific" as that idiot with the big hair talking about aliens doing everything all the time...

In short, if the "Mythbusters" said the sky was blue, I wouldn't believe it til I went outside and checked for myself...

To each his own, however... :) LOL:)

When I was stationed in South Korea in 1962-63, it was a common sight to see the field workers emptying "honey buckets" into the rice paddies. No toilet seats seem to be needed. I guess you'd say they were "recycling natural resources". Occasionally you would see an old man with an A-frame on his back squat along the road and "lighten his load". Very entertaining, just like this highly informative thread.

There's a Country song for everything in life......

[video=youtube;aQfdmTSN8CI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQfdmTSN8CI[/video]

I love my wife and I'm happy to do what she wants, especially since it really doesn't involve much work. I'd be lost without all the work she does for me and the kids.

On that note, I can't imagine saying, "I love my wife, but I refuse to put the seat down." :confused2:

Those guys are about as "scientific" as ...
Agreed. I really like watching Mythbusters, and I think it's very entertaining. But they definitely don't do a lot of science on that show.

I enjoy watching The Big Bang Theory too and it's probably got a lot more to learn about science on it than Mythbusters does.

I don't watch either one for science, but am entertained by both.

I'm the one who tells my wife to put the lid down too. Because we have a dog.

Yeah sure... hold open a door for the wrong witch and get chewed out for it and you'll change your mind...

But whatever floats yer boat...

One of the first signs of getting old is they start holding the door for you! (they're faster than I am with the cane!)

Yeah, I did a search and found little to nothing. So, what do you men folk think? There was a time when being married was part of my scenario, and generally, the women in my life had expectations. I've always struggled with the one about expecting the man's attention to leaving the seat down after having used the commode. I view this as a spoil, that women expect. (watching for lightening bolts)

I am almost certain, that if she was at someone else's place, she'd check for that....eh? Why do they think it's an obligation on a mans part to make sure they are protected from the, "ass gobbling porcelain throne?"

I'll sum this up with an opinion some of you will not agree on, but it's always been in the back of your mind. If they can can manipulate you into believing it's a requirement, you are easily controllable.

Thank god I don't deal with that kind of insignificant importance these days. Counting my blessings again.

"Only" $129:

iTouchless Touch-Free Sensor Control Automatic Toilet Seat

https://www.smarthome.com/itouchles...c-toilet-seat-with-ir-sensor-white-round.html

[video=youtube;y9rQ2CngVak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9rQ2CngVak[/video]

Back