Estes Scale Conversion Chart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Shockcord

Reaction score
Hi everyone. If you build upscales and downscales of Estes kits, you may be interested in a chart I have posted here that helps you quickly find the multiplier to convert measurements from one Estes body tube size to another. In other words, if you want to make a downscale Red Max from BT-55, you choose BT-60 in the left column and then go across the row to BT-55 to find your multiplier (in this case, .8094), then multiply all the measurements by that number. If you're printing decals or a fin tracing, change the multiplier to a percentage (in this case, 80.94%) in the Print window.

Yes, I realize that Open Rocket can do all of this for you, but if you build old school (like me) and/or haven't had the time to figure out Open Rocket yet (like me), then maybe this file will be of help to you. I have included the original Excel file if you want to add Semroc/Centuri ST and larger sizes. Enjoy.

View attachment EstesScaleConversionChart.xlsView attachment EstesScaleConversionChart.pdf

Back