I can't pair my Eggtimer TRS to the USB

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taiwanluthiers

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong, but I connected the Eggtimer TRS to the USB as shown in the documentation, and installed the driver as well as PUTTY, however when I try to turn it on, it would have 45 seconds of slow beep, but then it would be followed by repeated LONG beeps. If I mess with the USB connection, like connect black to the TX or RX the TRS would have the 30 second of fast beep like it's supposed to but nothing shows on PUTTY so I can't do anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Well IDK what your doing wrong. (Pictures would help) but you can do almost everything from the LCD RX if you want to.

001.jpg

I connected the USB like this, installed all drivers, started PUTTY at COM1 at 9600 baud. The board would have the normal slow beep but then go to the long beep directly without the short beeps

Update: I managed to pair it. For whatever reason it started the short beeps but when connected as shown it didn't work, so I switched the white and green leads and it worked

Update: I managed to pair it. For whatever reason it started the short beeps but when connected as shown it didn't work, so I switched the white and green leads and it worked

The connections are reversed from the EggFinder. Black is ground but the other two connections are reversed. Glad you got it to work. Kurt

I found the same issues.
The wire arrangement should be:

Starting from the Antenna side: wires; Green, White, then Black.

I mentioned it in another thread.

JD

I read it on the pdf file I got from the Eggtimer website. I hope it's updated because it did cause endless frustration (coupled with the fact that many users solder it up themselves, it could lead some to think that they botched it)

The problem is more from the differences between the Eggfinder and the TRS.
Some people who already have the finder would think that the layout is the exact same when actually it is not.
The manual is wrong for the same reason.

I had trouble then, started moving the 3 wires around till it worked.

Don't forget to do the master reset before flying it.

JD

I read it on the pdf file I got from the Eggtimer website. I hope it's updated because it did cause endless frustration (coupled with the fact that many users solder it up themselves, it could lead some to think that they botched it)

I just checked the User's Guide on the web site, the pinout is correct on both the cabled programming section (starting at page 22) and in the Quick Reference Guide at the end. It should be, I fixed it as soon as the discrepancy was pointed out to me...

Back