BBQ Cook Off

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfjustin

Reaction score
BBQ Cook Off at work coming up late next week. Since its STUPID cold out right now and grilling is less of an option, care to share a good indoor friendly BBQ recipe??? Pork? Beef? Dry rubs based? Sauce based?

Thanks!

BBQ is done outside over a wood fire.
Anything else isn't BBQ I'm sorry to say.
You have a garage or storage area you can use charcoal brickets, would be the next best thing.
Please don't fire up a wood or charcoal grill without the proper ventilation. Back in the 1960s, a group my parents belonged to gilled in a garage but moved things out when the CO problem became apparent.

Check some websites for possible indoor options; America's Test Kitchen, Good Eats, etc.
Justin, if you did all the prep work, would it be ethical to have one of the many good BBQ joints in the Chicago area do the heating for you? So sad Mearle's in Evanston closed down; it was just a couple of blocks from my sister's place.

Had some of the worst ribs ever at Applebies last night. So tough I could not cut them with a knife. Spoke to the manager. Apparently they *steam* the racks of ribs for several hours to cook them, then slaver on sauce and glaze them . Pressed for time, I got a burger instead of the ribs.

Got my 35 year old Hibachi and a bag of Royal Oak real charcoal pieces, not pressed briquettes. I got shrimp thawing and a Kielbasa sausage ready to go on the grill.

Great idea, thanks :)

Had some of the worst ribs ever at Applebies last night. So tough I could not cut them with a knife. Spoke to the manager. Apparently they *steam* the racks of ribs for several hours to cook them, then slaver on sauce and glaze them . Pressed for time, I got a burger instead of the ribs.

Applebees is the worst restaurant chain in the entire world. Probably the worst in the solar system. Maybe the worst in the galaxy.

Back