Evil tools in the news

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not realize crimes involving machetes was on the same level as those with guns........

There is a pronounced lack of jungle foliage in Queens, NY. And I don't think too many cattle are being butchered by the citizenry there, either.

I know there is a "cool" factor in owning such a device but if you really don't need one, why bother?

There is a pronounced lack of jungle foliage in Queens, NY. And I don't think too many cattle are being butchered by the citizenry there, either.

I know there is a "cool" factor in owning such a device but if you really don't need one, why bother?

You're Anti-Machete?
That's fine by me.
I actually own a few, but I would really hate to have to use one as a Weapon, because it would be incredibly inefficient.
They do kick some butt when I'm Camping though, and my Glock and AR-15 aren't so good at clearing brush, getting Firewood or making Camp.
If someone ever attacks me with a Machete, that will effectively end their Term of Service to Humanity, and the World will be a better place henceforth.
I say give everyone at least one Machete.

Well Kenn, this particular law would apply to all the citizens within the state of New York, not just "The City". There's a lot of brush in New York state that periodically needs clearing and a machete is an ideal tool for such tasks. As for cattle being butchered with a machete that's a new one on me, as a machete is a hacking tool rather a hand knife. Perhaps you Yankees employ a different method?

If this state senator's proposal is followed to its illogical extreme, then airliners would be banned in the Empire State as well as model rockets because of their inherent "cool factor". :cool:

Guess when even butter knives are outlawed because they've been used to kill people, they'll have to outlaw pencils... can get in a pretty good stab with one of those...

The sheer ignorance of such a place is astounding...

Later! OL JR :)

You can take my machete from my cold dead hands before I give it up! Actually I bought it to hack branches from a fallen tree limb back during the last major ice storm we had.

Channel 8.3 out of Dallas is now something called "The Justice Channel". My wife and I started watching some of their programs and the other night they did one on what goes on inside of the NYC jail on Rikers Island. The inmates there are very creative when it comes to fashioning all sorts of lethal weapons and have zero inhibitions when it comes to using them on their fellow inmates and especially on the guards. These people should be sent to Syria and Iran, where they would be among friends. Then we should obliterate the entire region with high explosives. :2:

Back