How Cold are you?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya starting to get warm:( I'm skiing right now and its turning into slush

Ya, I was considering going yesterday, but it was just too nasty, and now I'm glad I didn't go today because it's just too warm...

Nate

Not to bad here in the west, had the nicest winter I can ever remember.

TA

I was talking with Brian Williams this morning and he says we're going into a Mini Ice Age . . . he says he got the news straight from Santa Claus.:hohoho:

8:00 am this morning, calm winds, -26 F. 3rd day of school cancelled in a row (Thur, Fri & Mon), Main frooze under main street to the Bakery where the wife works. They are considering sending the crew to Traverse City to work while the City repairs the mail. That's 70 miles one way. The old Ranger PU has 335k miles on it, don't think it would last long making those trips. Pray the City gets it back working in a quick, hurry up manner!
High today is expected -10. Gotta love Feb. in Michigan!
Bday in 2 days; My Bday wish? To see +32 F!!!

The high today was 66*. High for Friday is supposed to be 76*.

Not as bad as the northeast with all the snow, nut we have 6 foot snow piles from clearing my 30 foot long driveway. TV news declared this the coldest February on record with four more days projected to be below that 15.2 degree record.

Pat

We had an almost 40 degree warmup! Yesterday it was -18F and this morning it was +18.

We had an almost 40 degree warmup! Yesterday it was -18F and this morning it was +18.
Lastnight Sandy and I went into town to get some grub. I took my coat off before getting in the truck. After we got to the joint, got our grub, and then when I was geting back in the truck,I noticed I hadnt put my coat on and I wasnt cold. So, heres where Im going..it was 17 degrees! 17 degrees felt WARM!!!!!!!!!!!! You know its been cold when 17 degrees feels warm.

Last edited:
We just got 4 inches of snow today. We were about 5-10 miles away from getting 10 inches of snow... :(

Bummer is, the snow is slushy quickly due to the above freezing temperatures.

Good part is, next week I am going to Park City, UT for skiing. And they are supposed to get snow Saturday. :cheers:

It’s snowing once again.

It snows and is cold for a couple of day. Then it gets warm and all the snow/ice melts. Then another snow storm blows in and it’s “Wash, rinse, repeat”.

None of the storms, so far, have dropped much more than a dusting of snow so the inconvenience factor is on the low side of the scale.

It’s just the principle of the thing; we desperately need precipitation or Western Oklahoma is going to have a sixth year of drought and this late into Winter and all we get is “Lucy holding the football” types of rain/snow storms.

13 again this morning and another snow storm forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

It's 25 today and we have seen our share of single digit weather... (I hate winter)

Leaving Louisville, KY mañana for Miami, FL... (peace out bitchez)

Will be boarding the Sixth annual Kid Rock "Chillin The Most" :headbang: cruise shortly thereafter... (see you in Isla Cozumel)

https://www.kidrockcruise.com/

Last edited:
@#$%^&*( Weather.... cancelled the flight we had from Dallas to Salt lake city... Then.... our rescheduled flight got cancelled from Raleigh to Dallas.... because of freezing rain.... @#$%& you weather.

Back