How Cold are you?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been nice the last couple of days: -7C in the mornings, 0C to +4C during the day, and a bit below 0C at night.

Today it's going to drop a bit, but by tomorrow it will be -12C, but Sunday back to 0C!

I must live near K'Tesh. Launching TARC rockets tomorrow in the balmy mid-50's and sun.

Neighbors to the north then. I'm in SEA. You have more beer, we don't get ice storms. I'm willing to make that trade. :)

-23 celcius this morning (-9.5 F) -18 celcius now. Its been like this for 2 weeks now.

Record breaking cold the last two days.

Tonight is supposed to be even colder.

it's 69 outside right now. Supposed to get above 85 tomorrow. It's a little warm down here on the border.

Went to San Francisco today and staying the night. It's probably in the middle 60's and very pleasant. My wife and I go the The City every year around this time, and this is the nicest it's ever been.

-8 for the car fire last night. Had to call out the department mechanic with a propane space heater and a tent to get up the last length of hose....frozen to the ground! icicles on the mustache, outer layer of gear frozen solid. Had to warm up to get it off. I was superglad I put a pair of EMS gloves on before my regular gloves. i'm sure I'll warm up....sometime......i think

One interesting thing about this is that the record cold in the east is being caused by a "kink" in the jet stream, and that is the same thing that is responsible for the record heat in the west. Same thing happened last year.

It's not so much the cold that bothers me, I'm just sick of chasing the penguins off of my car before I go anywhere.....

The-Penguins-of-Madagascar-Cartoon-Wallpaper.png

Best be careful with those penguins or Kowalski could hack-up a bomb and Rico could then hotwire your car to explode.

Here in Vermont, it's never too cold for me and my friends to scuba dive under the ice.
P2290319b.jpg
The only thing is the eels sometimes ruin our visibility. :lol:
P2290325 .JPG

Last edited:
-5F up here in eastern Canada......downright tropical so we all grabbed our shorts and t's, some beer and played volleyball outside this morning.

It was so cold here this morning, I went outside to get the paper and found the neighbor's dog with his tongue frozen to his... uh... you know.

Ya starting to get warm:( I'm skiing right now and its turning into slush

Back