How Cold are you?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
It was 8* this morning.... Hannah and I had a little fun.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=389759894530143[/video]

And yes, I know it doesn't sound like it, but the water was freezing before it hit the deck.

How many of you have tried this?

And BTW, 2 years ago, I was camping in Northern MN over MLK weekend. It dropped to -47F over the weekend. Steam from a boiling pot of water froze the lid in place while the water was boiling. :)

So how cold is it where you guys are?

(California, y'all can shut up. We don't need none of your tomfoolery.) :p

I just threw some water in the air, and it came down like warm tropical rain.

Then I got arrested for wasting water during an epic super-drought.

34 degrees in Boulder at the moment, but a blizzard headed this way for the weekend.

It was 8* this morning

So how cold is it where you guys are?

(California, y'all can shut up. We don't need none of your tomfoolery.) :p

Went out to start the car this morning and my neighbor's dog was frozen to my hubcap! (Didn't fling him off until I got halfway to work)

Well, I'm in California, and brrrr, it was 10 degrees where I was.

Ooops, that was 10 degrees Celsius :cool: and yes, that was cold for us (and wet....the marine layer is coming into us).

Central New Jersey......
zero when I went to bed last night....
2 when I got up this morning....
6 now..........

1 more month will go by like a blink.............

What a wonderful flying season it will be............

Teddy

its been -20ish the last couple of days but now were starting to get warm again :)

Great weather for biking. Cold is better then snow. -13F/-25C morning. Icicles are growing on my face mask ;-).

Jeroen

mask.jpg

-5F yesterday. Was 0 when I woke up today. Should be 20 by the time I leave work. Might have to take my coat off.

Minus 28 F. this morning in the shade. Sunny side of the house was minus 22 by the time the sun came up.

-22* when I went to work .. and Why we use Mobil 1

to stay on topic Its too cold to paint wockets today

Last edited:
It was -10 overnight, but was up to -5F when I drove in this morning. But right now, its 3 degrees F. Tomorrow, OTOH, is a heat wave - we should get up to 30. Time for a bike ride!

-4 last night, 2 this morning at 10 AM.
It's about 11 right now.
It hasn't been above 20 all week.

JD

Went out to start the car this morning and my neighbor's dog was frozen to my hubcap! (Didn't fling him off until I got halfway to work)

This post made the whole thread worth reading!

We turned on the air conditioning last week, so it's 75* all the time here. Actually used the heater for about 6 weeks this year!

It was -5 overnight, 0 when I got up. I was skiing over president's day weekend, and with the wind chill it was down near -30. It's been mostly single digits the past week or so. Fun stuff.

Nate

Back