Centuri Gabriel Build Vintage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
I finished my Centuri Sea Killer and now I am going to start on the Centuri Gabriel. Once again I will scan all the parts and duplicate a clone for later build if needed. I will re draw the decal to look like the original. Just like the Sea Killer the wording on the decal is hard to read and that is how mine will be.

DSC_0252 (1024x681).jpg

I finished my Centuri Sea Killer and now I am going to start on the Centuri Gabriel. Once again I will scan all the parts and duplicate a clone for later build if needed. I will re draw the decal to look like the original. Just like the Sea Killer the wording on the decal is hard to read and that is how mine will be.

That's too awesome!!!
Folks always said that that design could not be replicated as a scale model due to the high CP.
If your small scale comes out nice, and actually flies, I'll just go ahead and throw caution and what folks think will fly to the Wind and go ahead with a BT-60.

"Folks always said that that design could not be replicated as a scale model due to the high CP"

Well there are always nay sayers - no shortage of folks who will say stuff cant be done but that just means it hasn't been done yet. If we only did what people thought possible we'd all still be living in a cave :)

Still working on the decal draw but the rocket is ready for paint. After 4 coats of aerogloss the old balsa is sealed and smooth.

DSC_0255 (1024x681).jpg

Compared to the prototype photos, the large fins on the model are set much further aft, which would pull the CP back and make it stable.

Compared to the prototype photos, the large fins on the model are set much further aft, which would pull the CP back and make it stable.

Yeah. Ohwell, I figured it would be like that, but I did'nt look at the Pic' long enough to see it.

Still, cool build, and it looks great! Can't wait to see it after paint and Decals. KUTGW!

After the rains and some free time I finally have the rocket all painted ready for decals tonight or tomorrow. I painted with old Krylon Yellow and dark blue.

DSC_0293 (878x1024).jpg

DSC_0295 (976x1024).jpg

DSC_0297 (1024x681).jpg

DSC_0286 (1024x1020).jpg

I know I have said it before but Centuri decals are the best for going on with no problems. Estes vintage decals are hit and miss if they will work but so far these vintage Centuri decals go on no problem. The only issue I have is the decals don't always match the face card decals so location of the decals is up the builder. Thanks to Semroc I am able to make another kit for a future build if needed.

DSC_0278 (1024x681).jpg

DSC_0287 (1024x681).jpg

DSC_0295 (1024x681).jpg

DSC_0297 (1024x681).jpg

DSC_0301 (1024x681).jpg

DSC_0305 (1024x681).jpg

Back