How about a Micro-Guillotine?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmacklin

Reaction score
It has been suggested to me that I make a smaller version of the Guillotine Fin Alignment Jig for those of you who are into this aspect of model rocketry...a Micro-Guillotine if you will. Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated and I welcome your input. Thanks!

I'd buy one!

I have started playing around with "larger sized" Micro's, with clusters--up to BT-20. Has anybody gone any wider? So, there would still be a need for a range of body tube sizes, not sure how much that complicates things.

You know, MicroMeister would probably have some great suggestions, but he just had his surgery...not sure when he'll be posting again.

It has been suggested to me that I make a smaller version of the Guillotine Fin Alignment Jig for those of you who are into this aspect of model rocketry...a Micro-Guillotine if you will. Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated and I welcome your input. Thanks!

Thanks for the thoughts One Lone Beagle; Surgery over, I'm on the mend at home...if I can stay awake long enough to complete a post I'll be happy for now:)

* Having seen a standard size guillotine fin jig in action, a smaller size might be usable if set up to do BT-50 (.976" OD) tubes down to T2 (.246" OD).

* The Slide box would likely need to be a maximum of 3.5" long as many micro model bodies are less then 4.0" While about the maximum Micro Cluster Diameter would fall within BT-50 range.

* My thinking would be the Max fin-Guide aluminum angles would be of 3/4" per leg.

Any Idea what the cost range might be for such a Guillotine Fin Alignment Jig?

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts One Lone Beagle; Surgery over, I'm on the mend at home...if I can stay awake long enough to complete a post I'll be happy for now:)

* Having seen a standard size guillotine fin jig in action, a smaller size might be usable if set up to do BT-50 (.976" OD) tubes down to T2 (.246" OD).

* The Slide box would likely need to be a maximum of 3.5" long as many micro model bodies are less then 4.0" While about the maximum Micro Cluster Diameter would fall within BT-50 range.

* My thinking would be the Max fin-Guide aluminum angles would be of 3/4" per leg.

Any Idea what the cost range might be for such a Guillotine Fin Alignment Jig?

Since this idea is barely into the conceptual stage I have no idea about cost. It will be dependent upon a number of criteria, the paramount factor being how many people are into Micro-Max rockets and willing to part with some of their money. I do appreciate your input and your thoughts on sizing are most helpful. In the meantime, get rest and get well. Prostate surgery ain't no picnic but it's better than the alternative. :wink:

Back