Soyuz options.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought you Soyuz fans might like this - I have been cruising the web looking for ideas today on and off.
Wow, thanks! I'd love to see the details on how he did the staging. Seeing the strap-ons fall off, and the D12 sustainer light is really something!

Wow, thanks! I'd love to see the details on how he did the staging. Seeing the strap-ons fall off, and the D12 sustainer light is really something!

Yes - its quite an achievement but I couldn't find anything other than the video which is a shame.

I am prepping plans at the moment. Mine will be approx 44" tall with 5x D12s - no separation on the boosters and will just fly and recover as one large lump.

I find the bourgeois capitalist cardstock rocket not sufficiently agricultural for my soviet state so today we have convened the supreme soviet of the house and have authorised the chief engineer to commence construction of a Soyuz. Large roubles have been placed at her disposal to build a rocket from more substantial materials than the capitalistic cardstock version of our great and glorious launch system. The sovietski version will be made of cardboard at least and maybe some good baltic birch as well.

:)

I find the bourgeois capitalist cardstock rocket not sufficiently agricultural for my soviet state so today we have convened the supreme soviet of the house and have authorised the chief engineer to commence construction of a Soyuz. Large roubles have been placed at her disposal to build a rocket from more substantial materials than the capitalistic cardstock version of our great and glorious launch system. The sovietski version will be made of cardboard at least and maybe some good baltic birch as well.

It will be triumph of Soviet peoples!

Da astro....dis is good news! Your proud and glorious R-7 will show the capitalist dogs the benefits of a communal system! You will fly this rocket for the next 40 years while the capitalist grind their teeth. Time to beat the desk with your shoes! Nikita will be proud!!

In Soviet Union, Soyuz rocket launches you!! :y::y:

baikonur_program_vip_8a.jpg

Well I have been laid low with the flu from hell for 10 days or so which has been a bit of a set back but the plans are now almost complete so as soon as the bits arrive from Jim Flis I will start building. My Soyuz will be 44" high and approx 16cm wide at its widest point (not including fins). She will be 'slugged' with a lot of weight to keep the height down or else with 5x Cs she may run too high and be out of sight and lost.

Back