Whatever happened to Holverson Designs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug got seduced by the toy biz and became Fun Rockets, the legendary "cheesy foam" rocket company. For a while back around 2002-03 you could buy the foam Swinger, Wicked Winnie, Zoomie and Tangent at Hobby Lobby, but you could also find them on Ebay for a buck apiece. The Fun Rockets stuff wasn't the greatest, but I really liked flying them while they were available and cheap. Nothing durable about them, but they were big and stable, great for small fields like mine. I still fly a Wicked Winnie and have a Swinger new in box that I hope to try out this summer. I know it's not likely to happen, but I'd love to see Doug do a boutique line of Tangents in balsa as they were originally produced. I'd buy anything he designed.

Doug is a member of my "home" club T.H.O.R. I usually see him at the March meeting. We have an auction where folks bring their unwanted rocketry items to sell and the club skims a % from the sale to support the club. Doug has sold some of the foam rockets there. :smile:
He has talked several times about rebooting the company but has never accomplished it. :sad:

I have an original Tangent that is on my spring build list. I had one that landed on a roof, and liked it enough to Ebay another one. Wish I'd picked up more of the cheesy foam ones when I had the chance. They were fun.

Back