Need help with Kenwood TH-D72a problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
post deleted - on account of what could only be reasoned as temporary insanity (or at least a serious brain-fart) on the part of the OP.

s6

Last edited:
That is weird. I did a search and the MARS mod doesn't have the 1.25 meter band listed. Said receive was something like 320 to 540Mhz besides the expanded 2 meter band?
https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/kenwood-th-d72-extended-tx-mod.85009/

Did you do a range check with this? Some of the 1.25 meter rocket trackers use CW or SSB modulation on the signal and the D72 is FM only.

I took a CSI tracker with an FM H/T that IS on the 1.25 meter band and could hear "something" up close. Get a slight distance away and nothing. A Kenwood TH-F6A can tune the abstruse frequencies in fine tune mode on 1.25 meters and is a better choice to try to use with
the SSB or CW mode rocket trackers out there. Some of the commercial receivers are ridiculously pricey. As always, do a range test before flight or you will get burned. Believe me, I've not done it and have been burned. Kurt

Last edited:
thanks ksaves2, I think I figured out what the problem was (hint: it was NOT the radio).

s6

Back