Estes #1265 ??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Whats a new in the bag original edition ESTES #1265 Scissor Wing Transport worth ?
Is it worth keeping as new in bag - or fly it ???

Looks pretty cool.

Andy

Whats a new in the bag original edition ESTES #1265 Scissor Wing Transport worth ?
Is it worth keeping as new in bag - or fly it ???

Looks pretty cool.

Andy

Keep it...clone it and fly the clone. Best of both worlds.

FC

yeah. clone is a better option- is there any demand for one, i saw one on flea bay for a ridiculous amount of money.....

The *original* Scissor Wing differs from the newest version from a few years back, mainly because on the old one you had to build that pivot/stop assembly yourself. *That* was easy to dork up, just a little, and you'd certainly see the results when you flew it.

I'd say leave this one be, and just try to clone it..BTW, I've got an opened but complete *new* version here. Never got around it, since I didn't want to spend that kind of time with a glider that small.

Oh, another thing...does your original saw "NEW" on the package, along with the name "ScissorS Wing Transport"? Only the first years run were so designated, and might be worth more to a collector.

Hoping to make TTRA this Saturday.

Have to say, I don't collect kits for their investment value, especially when you consider inflation and how much you might actually get money wise. There just isn't that much money in a single sale.

I do collect them on the other hand, to have a template to build a clone off of if I need to. Having a kit with the all the proper parts makes cloning much easier. Pretty much except for hard to duplicate vacuform parts (the Enterprise or X-Wing comes to mind as an example), almost everything else can be recreated with a 3D program, 3d printer or 3d printing service, a graphics program, a color laser or inkjet printer and decal paper, or a service that does the same. Either the service and/or the hardware, plus the computer programs are reasonably priced or free.

FC

Andy, you gonna get out to TTRA Saturday?

Wish I could Bruce, I have to work saturdays, but rest assured if Im working Plant City , I will stop by and visit.
Miss seeing you guys.

Thanks for the input fellas-

ANDY

Back