More E-bay craziness!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay has created a mass of people that now equate low production (or low serial numbers, whatever that is supposed to do the value) with rarity and value.

He wouldn't have listed it if he was not actually trying to sell it. Probably after a month of that foolish price he may come around and offer it at what the market will pay for it. Or his spouse thinks he's got too much unused junk around the house and is putting pressure on him to sell some of it, lists it at a ridiculous price, then tells said spouse nobody will pay a "fair" price just to avoid having to actually part ways with it.

hahahahaha
Jim that's hysterical,,,,
I'm the "other" ebay member.........
I sent him a message after seeing all of the hardware he was selling..
All were a bit high except that one..
It was so high I was sure he made an honest mistake...
In the message I said I think you may have made a mistake on the
pricing of this item....
And I included a link to the same case on Wildman's site....
He sent me that same message back...
He must just be copying and pasting it ...
I replied with great apologizes..
I didn't mean to piss him off..
I told him I just meant to help
and I thanked him for his service........
He sent me another reply back and there was no typing at all in it....
He was so pissed he said screw it and just clicked send....

Now you pissed him off....lol...

Geeezzzz talk about "priceless",,,, in more ways then one....lol.....

Teddy

I sent him 2 messages because his original posting had it as a 58mm and I also corrected him on current prices as well. I got 2 emails from him thanking me for my interest. He did make a change and made it 54mm. LOL, this guy is insane.

I sent him 2 messages because his original posting had it as a 58mm and I also corrected him on current prices as well. I got 2 emails from him thanking me for my interest. He did make a change and made it 54mm. LOL, this guy is insane.

Hey that's funny,, me too....
My first contact with him was for the 75 / 5120 case he had listed as it would make a nice "L" load.........
I told him it the loads made for that case are "L" and "M"...
So he changed that.....

Conclusion,,,,,,,,,
1-- He's not very experienced at rocketry.......
and
2--- He's gotten a lot of messages over these ebay ads.....lol....

( and I think he's getting tired of answering them.........lol...

Teddy

Hey that's funny,, me too....
My first contact with him was for the 75 / 5120 case he had listed as it would make a nice "L" load.........
I told him it the loads made for that case are "L" and "M"...
So he changed that.....

Conclusion,,,,,,,,,
1-- He's not very experienced at rocketry.......
and
2--- He's gotten a lot of messages over these ebay ads.....lol....

( and I think he's getting tired of answering them.........lol...

Teddy[/QUOT

Yep, If I were him, I would just pull the add. I'm sure he is tired of getting all of the responses. LOL

My guess is he's waiting for someone with one click ordering enabled to slip up. It only takes one person one click...

Nate

Maybe not. The same guy has a Wizard kit listed for one hundred fifty-something.:facepalm:

Yeah ????????
But the Estes Wizard is a super cool rocket....lol
It was one of my first ,,,
I still remember painting it from those little testors bottles...........lol...

And only $150 ????????????

Whata bargin....lol...lol...

Teddy

Oh my, I have about 10 blank rockets in my cellar waiting for spring temps to paint..... Looks like I better sell em and make lotsa money quick.

you know you are on high road to nothing the moment the word 'rare' enters into the conversation :)

Back