More E-bay craziness!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that too. His 98/5120 was close to list, but without the rear closure. The 75/5120 was a little high but....
The 54/2560 was crazy! Not even a special edition color... :facepalm:
By his reckoning, I'm sitting on tens of thousands of dollars worth of casings.... :eyepop:

Adrian

I have a 75/6400 Rousetech SN 001, is that collectors now? Even if i were to sell it, you can get a brand new one at $530 AT brand with closures, so who cares.

Last edited:
I just bought serial number 0001 monster motors 98 /15360 from eBay complete unfired free shipping for 455$.I think I got a good deal.

I received this from the seller :
kev2077:

This is a repeat message sent to another eBay member:
First of all this was a gift from my best friend who is a dealer in the high power rocketry community. He sold some of the first Dr. ROCKETS motor cases as you can tell by the low serial number. The ONLY WAY I will part with this is at this price. I don't mind keeping it. I am not going to sell to sell it at a contemporary price just because there are other 2,560 Newtown Second cases out there. If I lower the price or set up the best offer option there are two things for me to look forward too: first a lower price sale that leaves me guessing how much I could have gotten, and two having to answer a lot of best offers that are uninspired to say the least. I have loaded war weapons when I was in the United States Marine Corps and worked on space based cameras while at the Naval Research Laboratory I am not new to high power in fact I been flying model rockets to high power since 1969 I have seen what people in the high power community will spend money on only to have it not survive max Q.

All you have to do is buy somewhere else. This is a rare item on eBay i.e. an unused collectible that is still able to be used in the manner that is intended by the manufacturer. Also eBay's rule for buy now price has to be at least 30% greater than a starting bid price. I don't do reserve price listing because they produce trivial results. My buy now price is just a reserve price that is in view

I had # 002 brand new with instructions and grease tube still inside.

Traded it for something else needed. Guess I'm not a "collector".
Can't tell you how many of those millennium & desert fire combos I've traded for plain cases.
Some one sees I have one, goes googly eyed, I just trade'm their plain one for the fancy. Just propellant holders to me.

kev2077:

First of all this was a gift from my best friend who is a dealer in the high power rocketry community. He sold some of the first Dr. ROCKETS motor cases as you can tell by the low serial number. The ONLY WAY I will part with this is at this price. I don't mind keeping it. I am not going to sell to sell it at a contemporary price just because there are other 2,560 Newtown Second cases out there. If I lower the price or set up the best offer option there are two things for me to look forward too: first a lower price sale that leaves me guessing how much I could have gotten, and two having to answer a lot of best offers that are uninspired to say the least. I have loaded war weapons when I was in the United States Marine Corps and worked on space based cameras while at the Naval Research Laboratory I am not new to high power in fact I been flying model rockets to high power since 1969 I have seen what people in the high power community will spend money on only to have it not survive max Q.

All you have to do is buy somewhere else. This is a rare item on eBay i.e. an unused collectible that is still able to be used in the manner that is intended by the manufacturer. Also eBay's rule for buy now price has to be at least 30% greater than a starting bid price. I don't do reserve price listing because they produce trivial results. My buy now price is just a reserve price that is in view

Apparently this seller doesn't understand the free market economy. The market will decide the cost, and especially in an auction. I am not aware of anyone really collecting these, and if they are I don't think serial number 010 would be at the top of any collectors list. Like Cray Jim (blackjack2564) says, "just propellant holders." Skip the auction, buy them at normal prices at Wildman, Sirius or your favorite vendor of choice.

kev2077:

:surprised: man talk about being disconnected from reality! I guess he is counting on there being enough uninformed consumers out there to fuel his unique market.

:surprised: man talk about being disconnected from reality! I guess he is counting on there being enough uninformed consumers out there to fuel his unique market.
That would be my guess, every market of everything has some people like this looking to exploit the unknowing. After all, there is one born every minute.

This guy has a special connection to the motor and thinks all should share his value.

Sad thing is, the only people likely to want those items know what they are worth. So unless CJ gets hammered at a launch and left unsupervised with a smartphone and a stolen credit card, this guy might as well put them on his mantlepiece.

Another thing that would be sad, is that if they don't sell, his heirs probably won't know what they have, and just chuck 'em when he shuffles off his mortal coil.

kev2077:

hahahahaha
Jim that's hysterical,,,,
I'm the "other" ebay member.........
I sent him a message after seeing all of the hardware he was selling..
All were a bit high except that one..
It was so high I was sure he made an honest mistake...
In the message I said I think you may have made a mistake on the
pricing of this item....
And I included a link to the same case on Wildman's site....
He sent me that same message back...
He must just be copying and pasting it ...
I replied with great apologizes..
I didn't mean to piss him off..
I told him I just meant to help
and I thanked him for his service........
He sent me another reply back and there was no typing at all in it....
He was so pissed he said screw it and just clicked send....

Now you pissed him off....lol...

Geeezzzz talk about "priceless",,,, in more ways then one....lol.....

Teddy

Back