Well, Isn't This Archaic.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's quite the fine specimen!
My Mom has Trilobite Fossils but none of them have the Spines. I actually have a few small ones around here somewhere too, but they are nothing special.

My Mom has Trilobite Fossils but none of them have the Spines. I actually have a few small ones around here somewhere too, but they are nothing special.

Thank you! It's just a wee guy at 3/4" inch long including spines.

Oh the trilobites and tribulations you've got yourself into now... :wink:

Pretty neat!

Wasn't that an episode of the original Star Trek series, "Trouble with Tribolites"? :)

That is really cool! I've seen trilobite fossils that were basically flat, but nothing like this with the spines.

I think all fossils are special. Yours are too. :)

That is really cool! I've seen trilobite fossils that were basically flat, but nothing like this with the spines.

Go to the place that is mentioned on the card I received in one of the photos. You'll see all sorts of extraordinary specimens that really stand out!

And what’s more, it’s an invertebrate so you can use it as a payload.

Can you fly petrified hamsters?
The “Magic Box” has them at a steep discount. It seems that everybody orders them but nobody is ever satisfied, so there they sit next to the “Ancient Mummy Hands and the “Dagger of Lexx”.

I have one fossil, an Ammonite, which is 3 dimensional and still partially attached to the stone it was extracted from. My 5 year old kids know more about this topic than I do, but to me yours looks amazing, almost too good to be real, are you it is? If so that is one very cool fossil!

There's a lot of really neat fossils coming from Morocco these days. Every now and then I find one rolled specimen in the roadcuts on Highway 101 near Brookville, IN.

I have one fossil, an Ammonite, which is 3 dimensional and still partially attached to the stone it was extracted from. My 5 year old kids know more about this topic than I do, but to me yours looks amazing, almost too good to be real, are you it is? If so that is one very cool fossil!

These are backed up by a certificate of authenticity. Not to mention that this company continues to thrive with no bad customer experiences from what I've researched. They do have a 100% guarantee for any reason you find these to be anything than what is represented. They deal with only reputable sources and possess the knowledge to verify all findings.

I thought that the Ammonites were the enemies of the ancient Israelites.

I've got three ammonites that my granddad picked up when he was working in the oilfields or driving trucks in the 50's... they're fossilized in limestone, some with some of the native limestone still attached. Also have some petrified wood, part of a stump from a tree turned to stone. Got a little rock collection going along the wall of my brother's garage-- the ammonites and petrified wood, a big hunk of quartz I found somewhere, some lava from a volcano in northern New Mexico, a big hunk of sulfur that was 'growing' on a leaking valve at a sulfur plant nearby (would for "stalactites" of sulfur as the water would evaporate from the steam leak carrying molten sulfur, and the workers would periodically smash it off the valve with a sledgehammer and leave the chunks on the ground). Also got a big chunk of coal that fell off a barge or something and washed up on the beach... (no, it's not a tarball). Sandstone from various areas, limestone, granite, etc...

Later! OL JR :)

I've got three ammonites that my granddad picked up when he was working in the oilfields or driving trucks in the 50's... they're fossilized in limestone, some with some of the native limestone still attached. Also have some petrified wood, part of a stump from a tree turned to stone. Got a little rock collection going along the wall of my brother's garage-- the ammonites and petrified wood, a big hunk of quartz I found somewhere, some lava from a volcano in northern New Mexico, a big hunk of sulfur that was 'growing' on a leaking valve at a sulfur plant nearby (would for "stalactites" of sulfur as the water would evaporate from the steam leak carrying molten sulfur, and the workers would periodically smash it off the valve with a sledgehammer and leave the chunks on the ground). Also got a big chunk of coal that fell off a barge or something and washed up on the beach... (no, it's not a tarball). Sandstone from various areas, limestone, granite, etc...

Later! OL JR :)

Now that sounds really cool!! :cool:

Back