Madcow 2.6" Screech

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K1127 on the left, J510 on the right

17798901532_11d95ff4b0_b.jpg

Man that K1127 is as strait as an arrow, the conditions must of been ideal today.

Nice flights, thanks for sharing the videos. Great looking rocket

What kind of primer did you use underneath the testors one-coat lacquer? Is a certain type/brand needed? The paint on your rocket turned out really awesome and I loved the look, so I ordered some of the testors paint for my current build, and as I've never used it before wasn't sure if I could just use any old primer.
Thanks!
Coleman

nice work! hopefully youtube doesn't pull it due to the music...

David,
Great build, flights and video. Thanks for sharing. I need to make a big long 38mm case soon!

Alex

I can't wait to try the Loki J1026LC. Thing punches on and off it looks like.
It sure does. 13Ns shy of a full J. It would make an excellent booster motor for a 2-stage flight. I can't wait to see the photos you get of it. Don't forget to send me the K-1127 lift off shot you got for the website please.

simfile2115_650x350lbs.png

Ya know Dave...there's nothing like a nice 2.6 or 3in. rocket with a 38/54mm hole, for all round versatility.
And that's a damn nice one you have there!

You can fly them on big 29 's to big 54L's and everything in-between. When ever some one asks me "if I could only have one rocket what would it be?"
That's my answer!

Yours looks like a mini Competitor! Mine I've had for 13yrs...over 100 flights and a few rebuilds/repairs and it's still going strong. I take it with me to EVERY launch. Just a scratch built 3 fin & NC, but a hardcore, loyal do it all rocket. Large enough av-bay for easy prep, just right payload for easy chute prep & a NC modded for anything you want to put in it.

Every one should have a 2.6 or 3in. 38/54 hole in their fleet.

Last edited:
I have one of these Screeches lsomewhat customized" and a Loki K1127 also--can't wait to get it in the air!

Actually yes........ [click on it]

View attachment 261594

My basis for the different size PVC pipe, used on various diameter tubes, to pull the fillet

LOL, was wandering around the interwebs on this forum, and found this thread...completely forgetting I had been here months ago.

Thanks for the info, and (even better) the actual source. I'll have to remember this when I build my SkyPyrates Sky Wolf that I just got through JonRocket :wink:

Your onboard camera
How did you mount it

IJEEPIN
Paul Sandyck
Membership Officer
/|_|,[______],
I--I--L--OIIIIIIIO-
( )_) ( )_)--o--)_)

I tried to avoid Black friday. I failed in the most wonderful way. I've wanted a glass 2.6" kit forever...and here it is.

15386289784_fb11fcfd1d.jpg

It's the most complete FG kit I've ever gotten. Sled, harness and all. It could be built as is...but there are a few changes I'll likely make. I wish it had welded eyebolts, and a kevlar harness. A third CR will make building it easier. I'll also likely make a NC av bay.

---

I'm considering ways to do the nosecone, and will likely order a couple of stepped bulkhead soonish, and add weld/forged eyebolts.

Today I got to work washing and sanding. Usually people give this a cursory mention while building. I've washed the parts in dishsoap and dried them, today I went back and sanded the CR's, bulkheads, and motor mount tube, then rewashed the hell out of everything with dishsoap again. Once it dries off I'll wipe it all down with alcohol, then sand the body tubes,fins, couplers and rewash those. It's currently below zero in my garage, and I've got no place inside suitable for sanding fiberglass. So while I'd love to do some more today, I can't feel my feet. ><

15929423644_16d7f622d7.jpg
15929425374_37c2926d9e.jpg

16551494772_31276377e5.jpg

Plan is a BRB900 for tracking, an RRC3 for DD, and a Loki 38/1200 with a K1127LB or J1026LC. Or both.

16214786812_d9681be8d8_c.jpg

How close to the top of the fin can did you mount your camera
Did you also epoxyed it to the bt and epoxyed the screws inside
Last question did you paint it the color of the bt or just left it natural

IJEEPIN
Paul Sandyck
Membership Officer
/|_|,[______],
I--I--L--OIIIIIIIO-
( )_) ( )_)--o--)_)

That's what I was thinking of doing plus a little epoxy never hurts
Going to try to sand smooth

IJEEPIN
Paul Sandyck
Membership Officer
/|_|,[______],
I--I--L--OIIIIIIIO-
( )_) ( )_)--o--)_)

That's what I was thinking of doing plus a little epoxy never hurts
Going to try to sand smooth

IJEEPIN
Paul Sandyck
Membership Officer
/|_|,[______],
I--I--L--OIIIIIIIO-
( )_) ( )_)--o--)_)

I filled a printed ABS nosecone with Bondo spot and glazing putty and sanded smooth with great results.

Just below the coupler

Just screwed it in

Painted it to match. I should have filled it before and sanded it smooth.

How long is your shock cord between sections
I only got one cord with the kit

IJEEPIN
Paul Sandyck
Membership Officer
/|_|,[______],
I--I--L--OIIIIIIIO-
( )_) ( )_)--o--)_)

Back