"SkyPyrate" Rocketry beasties..back to post 1 !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a kind of Punisher...

A Pirate Punisher?

A Somali Pirate Punisher!

It's a Navy SEAL Sniper!!!

Where do you come up with this stuff, man!

Nate

This might explain it............

Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 11.08.26 PM.jpg

I'm headed to Australia in a few days.....heard they're having a "CrazyJim" drag race down there that needs officiating.

Taking the "PunishOZ" with me, to spank them, with & create some chaos and mayhem. Going to fly it on a 6xl skid...looking for 12,000 ft and M 1.5

Going to do a 1000 mile "walk-a-bout" Crocodile Dundee style across the Outback to get to the launch....should be very interesting.

Homer Hickman & I will be the US representatives looks like I'm in good company.

Last edited:
Well we can't let CJ head down undarrrghhh all broken into puzzle pieces. well I toss in a bit of firework.
But I'm still parts is parts:grin:

Guess2.jpg

ppuzzle8.jpg

That's a nice looking little cardboard Punisher!

And speaking of cardboard punishers, there's really nothing more fun than spanking someone with a cardboard tube, is there? Makes a great sound, and it's all in fun!

Arrrrgh... Molly, I sentence ye to 30 lashes with me cardboard punisher... THWONK! THWONK! THWONK!

Last edited:
Arrrgggg, more an more scalywag puzzle pieces

Attachments

• Guess2.jpg
    Guess2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 28
I am expecting the final reveal will be a Jimmy "Jimbo" Buffet Parrothead Pyrate rocket.

I know, it's crazy, but I have clues... or at least I imagine they might be clues...

First, Lets Get Drunk (And screw with rocket stuff):

attachment.php

There's a Brown-Eyed Girl:

attachment.php

Actually, technically, I'm not sure if her eyes are brown. I'm distracted.

"Ahem... My EYES are up HERE!"

Oops... wut?

A reference to Fins:

attachment.php

A Parrothead parrot pyrate:

attachment.php

Something for the Coral Reefer Band:

attachment.php

We have a Jimmy. He appears to have been Buffetted. He's holding a rocket to take him to a Beach House on the Moon. But before that, he's going to the Far Side of the World:

attachment.php

These have all been Riddles in the Sand. But I think we now know what happens when A Pirate Contemplates 29mm.

This theory may or may not be correct in this particular alternate reality, but it is true somewhere in the multiverse. I'm sure of that!

Now thats a mouth full, and part of it would be more than ( MMMmmmm Speaker ).

See now I got distraaacttted..

More piece of eight, opps puzzle stuff....

guess4.jpg

I fixed it for you! :lol:
guess4.jpg
(I promise my photoshop skills don't suck that bad, just not at my own computer, lol)

OK now..........

Remember this is a backwards build thread, so post 1 has been cleared and all new content. 2-10 will be where the build is....for you dunderheads who don't read from the beginning and just tune in to the last few posts.

Ya snooze ....ya lose here!

Remember that classic test in high school that started: " read this entire test before beginning", then ya got to the final question and it stated " go back to first page, sign your name and turn test in to pass" if you answered ANY questions...you flunked! :facepalm:

So am I right in assuming that these will only be available at Orangeburg on Memorial Day?

Jim and I talked about that, they will be available before NSL2015. How much before to be determined. Would be nice if people had time to build them before NSL, so a Pyrate drag race can happen of course. :dark:

Basically it's like this..... we have become vendors [temporarily] and as such, must go through all the motions of one & that's a lot, believe me.
If time and effort were included in all this, for design, testing, contacting parts vendors etc., we'd be losing our butts. We're just doing it for the fun and love we have for rocketry, and to help our club with NSL.
Since we both have been there before, and really know what we're doing, it's going along very well.
Everyone can rest assured they will get what's ordered, your not dealing with a couple of fly by nights [oooh a possible pun there, maybe Don will do a fly-at night lol]

All the parts are cut- ready, except for Don's fins.[still waiting on those] Trouble is we live hours apart, I have some, he has some.LOL

We have to get together to bag it up to sell. I'm leaving Fri for 3 weeks, be back March 18. By then his fins will be done, we can get together and finish this. So practiced at the art of "self-promotion", decided to do this fun whacky thread, to get the word out, well in advance of the event and kit release.

That's still gives us 2 months before the event & I'm working on a killer little beastie.. re-load and hardware combo for the first 25 sold.
So for now, more fun and build instructions.

March sometime...they will be available to everyone who desires some "old school" fun!
We may even have a website by then or at least sell through Paypal from Don or myself.
Lots of stuff to figure out, but we'll get there ...............eventually.:wink:

Who knows, if this goes as well as expected there may even be some Upscale versions & DD [cardboard] There is already a big ----- that's flown. Quite well actually...........hmmmmmmmm. The big one does NOT whistle.......it SCREAMS.LOL

If there's enough interest, anything is possible. Not everyone needs mach-busters.
Thor-X anyone?

There will be basic build instructions included with each kit.

Last edited:
Yea!!!, what he said!!!! Muhahahahaha
Opps, I mean ARrrggggggggg , we have a SkyPyrate parley going on, other wise it's Jim's fault and a flask of Rum or good golly Miss Molly is required or both.

Guess6.jpg

I see some Pyrate slap talk coming.......... get out your checkbook Al.....I gaaauuuran....teeeeeeeeee

:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

Dam the Parley must of ended, Getting ye old off the Plank wit ya....

imagesCL50FFWX.jpg

Jim and I talked about that, they will be available before NSL2015. How much before to be determined. Would be nice if people had time to build them before NSL, so a Pyrate drag race can happen of course. :dark:

Aw c'mon it's been a while since we had a speed-build on the field. Nobody gets theirs until they step on the field. Slap the beastie together and light it up!

Alrighty then...............

I'm signing off for awhile, leaving for Australia in a few hours. Don take over while I'm gone

Will try to send some pics of what's going on at launch while there. Having Dinner with Homer Hickman Tues.

Blake said he [Homer]will do the countdown for the Crazy Jim drag race, how about that one!
I have my range set-up right across from the bar that opens every evening as soon as the range shuts down. Yep a full blown bar at the launch site...they should do that here. :y:

Enjoy down under. You guys have outdone yourself with these kits.

Well, found the last few pieces of puzzle. Dam parrot was knawing on them, now I'm having parrot pie tonight.
No animals were injured during this thread, Arrggg Small bones get in yar tooth.

Guess7.jpg

Last edited:
Well the second SkyPyrates beastie has been revealed.

NSL 2015 "SkyWolf" rocket.

Just as with the "Punisher" . "SkyWolf" is a high Performance light weight rocket. Will fly on any 24mm motor as well as Most 29mm motors up to 5 grain( provided your a good chute packer or steamers are used). The two in the picture have over 100 test flights combined, ranging from a D-12-3(about 300 feet) to H250G (5300 feet) and Yes there were a few Vmax motors involved, this thing loves F240's.
As Jim said "Check for stability when moving up the food chain."

I will state that an extended version did fly a I-200 to 7600 feet ( yes, a tracker was onboard )

Now, I've been asked many times, Does SkyWolf whistle, YES!

As stated before: 5 dollars donated to the Orangeburg club for each kit sold.

Parts list:

[1] 38mm heavy duty Loc airframe 17 inch
[1] 29mm motor mount, 6 inch
[3] aircraft Ply fins sets( Forward and aft fin )
[2] fiber CR's 1/2. wide
[2] 1/4 launch lugs 1in long(can easy use rail button if you desire)
[1]38mm heavy duty LOC NC 8in. long
1/8in tubular Kevlar Shock Cord 750lb. 12ft. long
Nylon rip-stop parachute 15in.
Full set of ''SkyWolf" vinyl decals
Instruction

As a side note: Jim should be landing down-undarrrrhh by now, Jim , please leave it in one piece and don't corrupt those rocketeers to much.

Actually I'v been stuck at the airport all night, Dildo...errr I mean Delta did a major screw up with passports number.....so I'm sitting at the gate waiting for my 2pm flight.....oh well.

GOOD NOTE..They gave me expedited TSA status, walked right through, no removing nothing....put carryon.. on belt. Ta-Da could not believe it.

No questions about the Punisher , Tracker 4 altimeter , tons of batteries, that are in there. Now for 36 hrs of flying Sat....arrive Tues...

Back