EARS launch dates.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Oddity

Reaction score
I guess some of you attend launch events at EARS. Does anyone know the timetable for 2015? The web site covers 2014 only. I guess flying starts in a couple of weeks, but not sure when. I've tried contacting by mail but get "unobtainable" replies.

Also, has anyone had any dealings with NASRA (Norfolk and Suffolk Rocketry Association). They have a web site, they are affiliate members of UKRA but as unobtainable as EARS.

Any advice welcomed.

SO.

Hi SO,

A good person to ask would be Malcolm from Rockets and Things, he's pretty well informed of all the launch dates in the UK. His number is on the Rockets and Things website

Simon

The 2015 launch dates are up on the website now. Best to join facebook group so you know if any of them are cancelled due to weather.

Hmm this would be the closest site for me to meet other like minded folk still an hour away, but is it me or is the membership fees high ? not wanting to get into an argument but £70 for me and another £35 quid for my son soon adds up what with work and weather and travelling i would likely only make a hand full of meets and probably less as we only fly LPR model shop stuff.

Could just pay day fees but then its still £35 quid for me and my son (12) Family ticket.

I understand BMFA insurance is needed but does the club fees have to be so high ? is it for the cost of the field ? Or something else i have missed ?

I probably won't be coming due to the expense of fees/fuel on top of already expensive motors and equipment. But i think this detrimental in trying to get new members and recruit people into the hobby in general. I have a couple of nice launch sites for my LPR stuff but would like to meet others.

I also note That Black Knights do a turn up and launch policy with no fees for LPR . Although they are further away..

James

Last edited:
James, the annual fee for flying is £40. The £70 is including BMFA membership and insurance - which is required for regular fliers at any rocket launch.

Having said that, the £40 does include lots of launch pads, farmers dues, portable toilet and on site rocket shop!

However, if you just turned up wanting to fly some BP stuff, meet people and see if you like it I would suggest that you don't need to worry about the fees just yet...

Andy

Last edited:
Watched your video, looked like you had some fun there with a lot of launches. We've changed the March Launch date this month because it clashed with Mothers day so maybe you can make it.
Good luck with LB Rockets I really hope it takes off for you. The more clubs the better as far as I'm concerned.

Cool glad you liked the vid very old basic digital camera so quality not the best our usual member in control of filming was away !! March meet i can't make but May looks good may be a bit warmer too lol :)

We've changed the March Launch date this month because it clashed with Mothers day so maybe you can make it.

Hi Simon, is this just a case of turn up if you want to or do I have to register anywhere first? It would be nice to meet some people to fly with. I've only got low power and one rocket capable of E's (if I can get the fillets finished) but I'd quite like to speak to people with a bit more experience (and check I'm not about to do something stupid with a pro24 motor).

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Swirly,

Yes, it's just a case of turn up if you want to. Many people fly LPR only. Hope to see you there.

Simon

Latest posts

Back