Fat Boy fin templete

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjp

Reaction score
Does anyone have the measurements for the 18mm Fat Boy fins?JimZ's site is down.Thanks,cjp.

Are those the correct measurements?

Beats me Batman, they are the best I could find. At least for me, when I scratched one last year, close enough was good enough. I think your only alternative is ebay or a want-to-buy thread here for an original kit with the die-crushed fins.

Does anyone have the measurements for the 18mm Fat Boy fins?JimZ's site is down.Thanks,cjp.

These fins are for the Estes Mini Fat Boy, kit #2442.

I'm thinking Estes would have simply down scaled the measurements from the original BT-80 based kit to this BT-60 based kit.

Take measurements and scale it back up to what you want.

This photo can be enlarged by placing the cursor on the photo and left clicking the mouse. This can be repeated several times in order to print a large and readable copy.

IMG_1514.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you,I wanted them true to scale so the rocket will be stable in flight.

I found the template I came up with from the oldrocketplans link. If I remember correctly, I printed the image full size, 2-up portrait on my HP printer on a Win7 machine. I measured the drawing on 1 inch graph paper with my Westcott wooden ruler. Hope this helps.

fatboy fin template (745x1024).jpg IMG_0125 (768x1024).jpg

Last edited:
Thank you,yes that looks great.I want to thank everyone again.

Back