NYPOWER 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM C

Reaction score
NYPOWER 2015 in Geneseo N.Y. is scheduled for Memorial Day weekend,
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, May 23-25.

Waiver 9,000 feet.
Limit of a single M motor.
NAR safety code.
Black powder only for clusters and staging.
Rocket and food vendors.

www.MARSclub.org

Last edited:
One of my favorite launches. Sadly it coincides with NSL this year. Wish they had gone into August as not much is happening in the NE this year during that time.

Oh well, next year.

I didn't see anything on the site. Will there be 1 day pricing? If I can attend at all it will only be for 1 day (either Sat or Sun)
Thanks

One of my favorite launches. Sadly it coincides with NSL this year. Wish they had gone into August as not much is happening in the NE this year during that time.

Oh well, next year.

Al, they cant move NYPOWER ahead to July because of crop issues, NYPOWER must be before the crops grow. Same reason for URRF and LDRS in Potter.

Field corn grown for grain around here doesn't get harvested until early/mid November. Soybeans are done a little earlier, usually starting around Columbus Day, but this past year not till almost November.

NYPOWER 19

May 23, 24, 25 2015

Geneseo NY
9000′ AGL Waiver
M impulse Limit

In May, downwind crops are very low or just recently planted. No lost rockets in the corn or beans! This is the must attend event at the start of the flying season- recently cut grass flying field, easy recovery, and convenient to civilization in Geneseo or Rochester.

Make your plans to attend the 19th NYPOWER. As always this launch will provide the unique experience that only NYPOWER provides. Friendly great rocketeers, huge mowed field, WWII warbirds in the air and on the ground and a great time for all.

NYPOWER is a friendly relaxed launch where micro-max’s and M motored monsters share the field. Rocket maniacs and families with kids are welcome at NYPOWER. There is really no rocket event quite like it in this regard. Our organization will have you on the pad as quickly and efficiently as possible. This is the event to attend if you want to fly fly fly!

The field is a WWII era grass airfield which is now home to the 1941 Historical Aircraft Group museum. You have a 1 mile x 1 mile recovery area and if you exceed that the staff at NYPOWER will do its best to recover your rocket for you. We have chainsaws and the biggest slingshot you’ve ever seen!

Is this event over? If yes then please share the pictures of the event because i could not be there at the time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back